Tuesday, February 23, 2010

100th Post and BIG NEWS!

100 posts, whoo-hoo!
(And it's a long one, sorry!)

So, are you ready for the big news????


Well, Wesley and I are going to be PARENTS! ahhh!

To answer all of the questions we've gotten over the past few days:

"Yes, we're very excited."

"Yes, we're shocked and surprised (well, I am at least. Wesley says he's not anymore)."

"No, we were not planning it."
(I was on the pill - didn't skip any - not on any antibiotics either).

"I am 14 weeks today.
I'm due on Aug. 26 (just in time to go to school for a few weeks)."

"Yes, I'm going to come back to work (as if we could live in this house, have a baby, and LIVE on ONE TEACHER'S salary!)."

"No, I don't know what we're doing about daycare yet."

"Sure, you can babysit (albeit, I know you and trust you!)" : )

"We've known since just before Christmas. And I have no idea how we kept the secret so long."

"I've felt nauseous, but haven't thrown up. It's gotten A LOT better though. I have been SO. SO. SO. SO. SO. TIRED!"

"For the most part, my pants still fit. My dress pants for work are kinda tight. I end up unbuttoning them by lunch and I feel like my butt looks HUGE in them. My jeans and khakis that were somewhat loose before, fit perfect now. Sad. I feel fat. Already."
(I've already had my own little pity party that I'm not a true size ? anymore. I won't tell you the size, because when I was talking to another teacher at school about it today, she just rolled her eyes. I know I'm going to have to get over that. I'm just afraid I won't lose all the weight after the pregnancy is over. To be completely honest, I'm not afraid of having a baby. I'm afraid of being a fatty.) Very immature of me, I know.

"Yes, I told my class today. They were excited. One little girl screamed, 'YESSSSS! I've always wanted to be a big sister!' hahahaha! Another little boy asked me if he could babysit (yehhh, riiiiight)."

"Yes, we have names picked out, but are not telling until we know the gender of the baby, which will be the first part of April."

"Yes, I've heard the heartbeat. Twice now."


So there's the scoop! It's nice to finally tell. We waited so long to tell because we wanted to tell our parents at the same time, when they were all four together. And that was a little more difficult than we originally thought it'd be to get them all together!



I was searching around for some information online. At 14 weeks (now - hello second trimester) the baby is 3 1/2 inches long and 1 1/2 ounces (approximately the size of a lemon). The liver has now started making bile, and the spleen has now begun to aide in the production of little baby's very own red blood cells!

The coolest thing that has now occurred (in my opinion anyway) is that the baby now has its own set of fingerprints! From what I read, fingerprints are created from 'swimming around in amniotic fluid.' As little baby moves its hands around in there, the skin on his/her (Wesley doesn't like me calling the baby an "it") fingertips forms very unique ridges and folds, which is why no one (even identical twins) have the same set of fingerprints. Cool, huh?!

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations! what exciting news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh...congrats to you! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! So excited for you! You will be a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What exciting news! I accidentally clicked on Wesley's name today when I was trying to click on MY Wes' name to his page. Of course, it went to Wesley Taff...haha...And I saw a comment that someone wrote about a BABY!! I sent KT a text immediately and asked if she knew anything about it!! hahahahaha....It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That's wonderful! :) I'm looking forward to watching the baby grow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't thrown up? I'm calling BS.

    Also, may I have first dibs on babysitting duties when I'm home?

    I just bought a new, very expensive camera, and you'd better believe I'll be at your child's birth. What kind of uncle would I be if I wasn't?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good! You better be there!

    And, I've technically thrown up on two different occassions. Once in Chicago and once this past weekend. But, I'm claiming it was because of the food I'd eaten on top of the nausea, not strictly "morning sickness" type of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, you made me tear up! I remember the first time I heard Lily's heartbeat and it just melted my heart. Didn't you just love that? You will get over "being fatty", especially after delivery when you can hold and love on the little bundle that is responsible for all that weight gain. It won't matter anymore how many rolls you have and what size jeans you wear. The info about the fingerprints is so neat! It's amazing how God intricately creates His children! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! That is just SO exciting! And too neat about the fingerprints..Isn't God creative?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited for ya'll, Peg! I can't wait to meet your little Lemon. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. woohoo! Baby surprises are fun. We had 2 in two years!!!!! Can't believe I'm just now reading this... CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...