I love summer. I get a chance to really catch up on all the things I love to do, but especially reading!
Between all the free time and all the sleepless nights, I've had a lot of free time to read.
Here's what I've gone through so far:

I bought this book at the beach because I needed a cheap paperback to read while laying out. I love mystery/suspense/murder books (Does that surprise you?). I used to read James Patterson a lot in high school, I think I read most all of the Alex Cross novels, but haven't read anything by Patterson since then. Patterson did not disappoint! This one was full of surprises, suspense, and plot twists.

I actually heard about this book through the Bloom Book Club. It was the book they did the first of the year. I tried then (I read the first chapter for free online) and it was too slow. After seeing the book on the end table at my in-laws house, I figured I'd give it another try. The beginning was just as painstakingly slow as I remembered. In fact, I was about to put it down when it finally picked up. I ended up liking the book a lot. It's a great story on diversity and faith.

I love Nicholas Sparks books, but they're all kind of the same and slightly predictable. I wasn't so sure I wanted to read another one so quickly after finishing this one, but I hadn't heard anything about The Lucky One and figured I'd give it a go. The Lucky One isn't so much of a teen romance like I consider The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, and The Last Song to be. I don't want to give too much away, but the military angle in this one is very interesting!
And, what's coming up (yes, I usually read multiple books at one time):

This is one that I've actually already started and so far really like it. I love a good mystery!

I've already (barely) started this one too. It's one my grandmother read, and then my mom, and now it's my turn. I enjoy biographies, I just don't read them very often. After W's first term in office I read one on him, but never anything on Laura. I find her so intriguing though!
Yesterday I was unpacking the last few boxes from moving in (six months ago now, yikes!) and found a whole other slew of unread books that should keep me busy for the next few weeks.
Try James Patterson's Women's Murder Club. They are great. I just finished the 9th one that came out in April
ReplyDelete