Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hot Dogs

Recently, hot dogs have been a topic of discussion in our family. I was fixing my hot dog on Memorial Day when someone mentioned that Uncle Brian (or maybe just Bryanne, since she's the Chicago native and he was raised in the South) would not approve.

This is how I like my hot dog.
(Ketchup only, and plenty of it!)


And, this is how my hot dog looked in Chicago.
(Notice, no ketchup whatsoever.)


Later that same day, we were watching The Travel Channel, I think, and they were doing a Memorial Day special on the best places in the country to get hot dogs.

They featured places like Nathan's in NY and Pink's in CA. But, the guy in NY said that only unsophisticated people eat their hot dogs with ketchup on them!!!

SO, how do you eat your hot dog?

4 comments:

  1. I'm also a ketchup only kind of gal! I love a good chili & cheese dog...but nothing but ketchup otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like mine the Chicago way, but I usually don't have that so I opt for Ketchup, Mustard, onions, and relish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to eat mine ketchup only...but when I'm around anyone from here, I have to get mine a very different way. When I get sausages here, I usually just put grilled onions on. Tomato is good, but relish and some other stuff...I'll pass.

    PS, I'm finally going to post again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...