Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thirty One Weeks

Thirty one weeks = single digit countdown, whoo hoo! It seems so close yet so far away. I'm sooo looking forward to no more leg cramps and being able to sleep on my stomach!

At 31 weeks, Eli's eyes now are able to dilate and contract in response to light. He weighs a little over 3 lbs and is around 16 inches long. His lungs and digestive tract are nearly mature.

I've noticed my appetite changing a lot. I'm still hungry, but feel like I have no where to put it. I haven't even felt like eating snacks here lately...which is probably a good thing. A certain someone (for the record, it was not my husband) nearly got their clock cleaned a few days ago when they told me how shocked they were to see how big I looked. Let's just say it's a good thing Wesley was in between us. God had a tight hold on my tongue that day. I thought of several things I wanted to say in response, but somehow managed to keep them to myself (ok....to keep them to myself until we got in the car and I told Wesley all the mean things I was thinking). You have to wonder where some people's filter is???

On the plus side, I've got a baby shower this weekend and am soo excited about it! : )

3 comments:

  1. Wow time has flown! You're doing great! Ignore the seemingly rude comments, sometimes people just don't hear things the same way we do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered the same... what are these people thinking.

    31 weeks and I have yet to see you & your belly. POST PICTURES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting so close! And you are NOT big by any means! I had a friend that gained 100 pounds...that's big! HA! Can't wait to meet Baby Eli :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...