Well, I've been back at work for nearly a month now, and am JUST now getting around to doing this! I typically try to show off my classroom before the students get in the room and it's no longer organized/clean to my OCD standards, but that didn't happen.
This is my SEVENTH year of teaching. I seriously can't believe that. It seems like yesterday I was at Auburn sitting in class, doing practicum work in Auburn City Schools, interning, etc., and here I am today. I've finally been teaching longer than I was in school for it (4 years of undergrad + 2 years of my working on my Masters degree)! There have been several changes this year (new lesson plan format, a new Reading program, etc.) that have me as busy and overwhelmed as I was my first year of teaching (just add in the fact that now I'm married and have a crazy busy 3 year old, as opposed to being single and carefree!). I have typically been spending 11 hours a day AT the school, plus bringing home work every night and boo-coodles each weekend. I probably am working about 65 hours a week right now. I'm not complaining, just crazy busy! I don't think anyone really gets it aside from my teacher friends and my husband (who's really picked up my slack around the house...he deserves an award!). Needless to say, I've been in bed around 8:30 each night!
Enough about that. I know we all have "stuff" at work going on and that we have to deal with........I really didn't make too many changes to my classroom this year. I moved around a few things, and updated a few others, but overall the room is the same! I stuck with a lot of owl stuff, and added a few chevron things in here/there.
 |
| The view when you enter the classroom. |
 |
| My reading center (complete with bench that Wesley built and cushions I sewed), and my desk. |
 |
| View from the far corner of the classroom. |
 |
| Looking at the front of the classroom. Smartboard and math wall. |
 |
| Small group table |
 |
| Cubbies, jobs board, writing spotlight, AR wall of fame, etc. |
Despite the long hours, it's been a really great start of the school year. I have an outstanding group of students, and I can tell they come from great families. I really love what I do, and I'm looking forward to spending the year with these 18 precious kiddos!
No comments:
Post a Comment