At the end of October we made our way to upstate New York for Uncle Brian's (Wesley's cousin/the brother he never had) wedding. Wesley was a groomsman and Eli made his debut as ring bearer. It was a very quick trip. We flew out of Atlanta after work late on Friday night, and flew back first thing Monday morning. We had such a great time with family, and it's always nice to get away for a little bit.
Excuse all the iPhone quality pictures. I didn't want to bring my real camera on such a short trip.
This wasn't Eli's first time to fly, but it was the first time that he remembers. He LOVED the airport and all of the planes. He did really great on the plane, and only got a little fussy on the landing.
We didn't venture out from the hotel except to one restaurant and to the wedding venue. Since it was just prior to Halloween, the restaurant we were at was decorated with zombies and ghosts. I thought Eli would be freaked out by this guy so we avoided him on the way in, but Eli saw him on the way out and LOVED him!
My lovely SIL and I at the wedding!
(Could have sworn I had the actual photograph of this, but apparently not.)
I love the sign that Eli carried as opposed to the traditional ring bearer pillow. There were several little touches that were less-traditional.
I was a little nervous about how Eli would do walking down the aisle (or if he even would), but he did great! When he saw me at the front he came and sat right beside me instead of standing at the front with the guys, but that was fine. Our only snag was about halfway through the ceremony he loudly exclaimed, "I GOT TO POTTY...NOW!" We had to quickly run back up the hill! : )
I LOVE this picture. I snagged it from Facebook. A friend of Mollie's posted it and really captures how excited they were! : )
Congratulations Brian and Mollie! We love y'all!





No comments:
Post a Comment