Friday, December 6, 2013

What I'm Into

I’ve seen posts like this one floating around blog land, and I figured I’d jump on board.  So many of my posts (ok, all of my posts) these days are more “what we’re doing" or "what Eli’s doing” type of posts.  Mommy blogging I guess.  I'm really ok with that, but I figure I’ll take a break from that and blog about .... nothing, really.  : )

So, here's what I'm into these days:

What I’m Reading:
Allegiant by Veronica Roth – This is the third book in the Divergent trilogy.  I've had it to read for a  few weeks, and honestly intended to read it over Thanksgiving.  But, then life happened and I ended up playing nurse instead of taking the break I thought I was going to be taking.  Hopefully, I’ll get it read soon.  I'm only about two chapters in, and to be honest, I've gotten more into the Divergent series than I did the Hunger Games (which I loved).

What I’m Watching on TV:
I have just a few regular shows.

NCIS --- killing me…introduce a Ziva replacement, Bishop, and then show me reruns for two weeks!?  Argh!  Not ok.

NCIS LA --- Dieks and Kinzey?!  Eek!

Biggest Loser --- Always my go-to.  Thank goodness for DVR.  All my shows happen to come on Thursday nights.

I’m also SUPER excited about watching Carrie in the Sound of Music Live!  I remember watching the Sound of Music after I’d had my tonsil out (20 years ago now).  And who doesn't love Carrie?!  I watched parts of it last night and then fell asleep.  Thank goodness for DVR.


What I’m Watching in the Theater:
I hardly ever go see movies these days, but recently I went to the midnight showing of Catching Fire, and it did not disappoint!


I'm tempted to take Eli to see Frozen over Christmas break, but I'm not sure if it's a girly movie or not.  I think he'd like going to the theater though.


What I'm Doing Around the House:
We've finally got Christmas set out.  I'm trying not to get ahead of myself and get in "baby" mode.  As soon as Christmas is put away though, we're going to be transitioning Eli to his big boy room (got to paint), and pulling all the baby stuff back out for Landon.  So many fun things going on right now.  I'm so excited!

What I've Bought:
Christmas presents...duh!

What's On My Heart:
I'm soaking up all the time I can with Eli.  Not to say that I'm not excited about Landon, but I can't believe he's not going to be my only child anymore!  I can't wait to watch him take on the role of big brother though.

What's On Our Calendar:
Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!  We went to a hometown Santa and fireworks display thing last night.  There's another Christmas carnival at the lake next week that we plan on taking Eli too.  We've got Christmas at the beach coming up.  I want to take Eli to see Christmas lights and decorate Christmas cookies.  So much fun stuff to do this year!  And, of course, we're all anxious to sit down and watch our Tigers play in the SEC Championship this weekend.  After all our holiday and celebrating is over, the calendar is set to March!  I'm so excited for it all!  I'm loving all of this family time and sweet memory-making!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...