Eli recently had his four year check-up. He loves our doctor, but for some reason this visit was a catastrophe! He hardly ever freaks out like he did that day at the doctor. It all started out all well and good, checking the vitals, etc. Eli weighed in at about 40 lbs and was 39" tall.
Before the doctor came in he was asked to undress to his undies. This is what set off the torture. I think he was embarrassed. Can't say I blame him. Dr. Y let him put his shorts back on, but it was a lost cause after that. He cried, screamed, wanted to be held, etc.
Everything was checking out great, until the hearing and vision test. He was already upset and then wasn't so sure about this. The amount of screaming and crying was ridiculous, but eventually we got it done. Mommy did have to leave the room for the flu mist that he got. It was making both Landon and I upset!
As soon as we left though, he started to act like his usual self again. Oh well, not all days are good or easy. Even four year olds have bad days! We're thankful for a healthy boy, though. The doctor's office gave us all the paperwork we'll need for kindergarten registration later this year. That I can't believe! Weren't we just in here all the time for Eli's chronic, infant ear infections?!
Does anyone know the way to never, neverland? : )


No comments:
Post a Comment