As much as I love pulling out all of my fall decorations, and then all of the Christmas decorations, I love putting them up even more. I function best when things are clean and organized, and the clutter is minimal.
I don't really like the word "resolutions". I prefer to have goals.
We talked about resolutions and made goals together.
Rebecca:
*Read at least one book a month. I don't do much of anything for myself these days. It's usually all for the boys or for my school kids. I love to read. I certainly don't have a shortage of books to read. It's really more about making the time for myself.
*Exercise more often. Always a goal. Finish losing baby weight.
*Blog more. 2014 was better than 2013, but until December, I was struggling. Looking back on my old blogs and pictures is something we love to do. So, I will be more consistent.
*And of course, be more intentional with my time with the Lord.
Wesley:
*Be all here when I'm home. Put the phone away to spend time with family.
Eli:
*Pick up his toys after he's done playing with them.
(We gave him a list of several things to get better at this year, and this is the one he chose.)
Landon:
*I made a goal for Landy. It's to gain weight. (The complete opposite of mine.)
As a family, we choose a verse for 2015. We wanted something we could pray together for the year, and that we could memorize.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Matthew 5:16
We asked Eli some good deeds he could do to let his light shine for Jesus. Here's what he came up with:
*singing (He clarified with the B-I-B-L-E and Noah Built the Ark)
*obeying Mommy and Daddy Grandmama and Grandaddy (I think he meant Nana/Puddin' and Ginny/Pops, because this led to an in-depth discussion on who was who's parents).
I think that's a good start for a four year old.
Here's to 2015 and letting our light shine!
No comments:
Post a Comment