Sunday, March 1, 2015

Serial

February was a very rough month.  Read here to catch up.  I did not get a book read (my new year's goal), but I did listen to this entire podcast in a matter of three days.  That counts this month, right?
I know I'm late to the party.  Serial came out in the fall.  Read more about it here.

These events really happened.  It's not fictional.  I initially found it intriguing, because this happened in 1999, and I was in high school then too.  It's the story, an investigation if you will, into the murder of a high school senior, Hae Min Lee.  Her ex-boyfriend, Adnan Syed, was convicted of the murder and has been in jail since then.  The podcast host, Sarah Koenig, basically goes back and re-interviews several people associated with this case, including several interview with Adnan (as she was approached with this case by a family friend of Adnan's).


I'm not going to give a way any actual details or an account of my opinion, but I HIGHLY recommend going to listen to this podcast!  Seriously.  Go listen.  All of the episodes have aired, so you can binge-listen like I did.  I became super obsessed with this, asking everyone I knew who'd listened for their opinions, trying to convince other people to listen so they could converse with me about it, and staying up way too late at night googling stuff related to the case.  The most I'll give you here to my opinion is this:  Guilty or not, there's a lot to be said for reasonable doubt.  It's a tricky thing.

Now go listen so we can talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...