I don't think I've ever watched a Super Bowl before, but I have seen the commercials! Have you heard about Tebow's controversial commercial he's doing?

Tebow seems to be one of those guys you either love him or ya hate him. Although, regardless of loyalties to universities (my in-laws are huge FSU fans!), you can't tell me if you had a son or brother just like Tim Tebow, you wouldn't be proud of him?
Seriously, go read it. It will be worth your time.
Here are some of my favorite parts:
"We're always harping on athletes to be more responsible and engaged in the issues of their day, and less concerned with just cashing checks. It therefore seems more than a little hypocritical to insist on it only if it means criticizing sneaker companies, and to stifle them when they take a stance that might make us uncomfortable."
"Here's what we do need a lot more of: Tebows. Collegians who are selfless enough to choose not to spend summers poolside, but travel to impoverished countries to dispense medical care to children, as Tebow has every summer of his career. Athletes who believe in something other than themselves, and are willing to put their backbone where their mouth is. Celebrities who are self-possessed and self-controlled enough to use their wattage to advertise commitment over decadence."
And, finally, I love the part where she talks about males having some sexual-restraint, and if they did, women may be scheduling fewer abortions (although, I think it's important to note, "it takes two to tango" and maybe women should have some sexual-restraint too...I'm just saying....). Then she says that the best way not to have an unwanted pregnancy is don't get the sperm and the egg together in the first place!
So, on Sunday, I will be watching the Superbowl, not for the Colts or Saints (pro football just really doesn't do it for me), but for Tebow and his ad. And hey, regardless of how funny they maybe (and they are), this ad sure has a better message than some of those beer commercials decked out with idiocy and scantly-clad women.
*Quotes and image courtesy of the Washington Post (see link)*
I totally agree! I'm a big Tebow fan, not only because of his athletic ability and leadership on the field, but because of his strong moral and religious stances!
ReplyDelete