Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Munchies

I've been busy in the kitchen tonight. For supper we had turkey piccata, dirty rice, green beans, and toast. It was really, really good! And, fairly simple too, which is always a plus.

I was looking through some recipes after supper and decided to make some banana bread and homemade brownies. Well, sadly, the brownies were a BUST! I grabbed the wrong size dish and the brownies ran all over the sides into the bottom of the oven. It was one big soupy mess. Sad-I reeeally wanted brownies tonight!

Since Eli and I are in a munchie mood tonight. Here are my new favorite recipes.
(They're all dips that were made by teacher friends while we were at the beach, and they're all VERY EASY!)

Fiesta Ranch Dip:
*probably my favorite!
16 oz sour cream
1 pkg Ranch dressing mix
1/2 pkg Fiesta Ranch dressing mix
Mix well and serve with Ruffles.

BLT Dip:
1 cup mayo
1 cup sour cream
1 package of those Hormel bacon pieces
2 cherry tomatoes, diced and drained
Mix well and refrigerate. Serve with toasted rounds.
*OMG - Soooo good!

Pretzel Dip:
2 blocks cream cheese
8-16 oz shredded cheddar (depending on how cheesy you want things)
1/2 cup mayo
1 pkg Ranch dressing mix
Mix well and serve with pretzels.
*The girl I got this recipe from adds just a splash of beer to hers (when she's making it for non-preggo people) to make it fluffy, but I'm obviously not going to be doing that! : )

2 comments:

  1. The pretzel dip soudns yummy! And I hate the brownies were a fail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Sounds delicious! The fiesta ranch dip sounds good. Maybe we could catch each other this weekend? Cross my fingers. I love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...