Monday, September 27, 2010

New Friends

We've had quite a big weekend; Eli made lots of new friends! Our weekend started Thursday night. All of the stars aligned, and Wesley, Eli, and I were able to get out of the house. Wesley plays church volleyball and Eli and I went to cheer him on. After that we made a stop by Wesley's grandmother's house to see Ginny and Pops, who were in town for the weekend.

This weekend Eli went out to eat for the first time! Friday morning Eli and I went to RuthAnn's for breakfast with Ginny and Pops, and Saturday we went to Cracker Barrell. Eli slept through both experiences!

Saturday afternoon we took Eli to his very first birthday party. Wesley said he's going to need to give Eli some pointers on party etiquette because he slept through the whole thing. He told Eli he won't get any girls if he doesn't wake up!

Eli meeting his new pal, the birthday girl, Kherington. Wesley and I teach with Kherington's mommy. We think these two will be good friends!

Eli and I tried to make it to church Saturday night, but it didn't work out with his feeding schedule. After church we hung out with Ginny and Pops for a little bit and then we went to watch the second half of the Auburn game (WAR EAGLE) with some friends.

Sunday we spent time around the house enjoying something we haven't seen in quite awhile: rain! Late Sunday afternoon we took Eli to meet another new friend, Brentley! We also teach with Brentley's mommy.

Eli is exactly 3 weeks older than Brentley, but she is sooo tiny compared to him. Eli was never that small!

It's been so nice to finally be getting out of the house some, but once again, the weekend passed all too quickly. Eli and I really wish it would last longer so that Wesley could stay home with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...