Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thankful-1

So I've been trying to get Wesley to blog with me for awhile now, and he usually just rolls his eyes.  However, I came up with an idea of something we could do together and he agreed, sort of.  He told me he would 'talk' and I could just type it all up; so here we are!

I've seen on Facebook where everyday for the month of November, people post something that they are thankful for as their status.  I've (we've) decided to do this on the blog, since this is like our 'family scrapbook'.  Everyday for the next 30 days we will post something that our family is thankful for.  We're counting our blessings, I guess you could say.

We are really making efforts to focus on our family (more on that later in coming posts), so we're looking forward to really reflecting on all the Lord has done for us.  It also may result in multiple posts on some days (or just a long, random post) as we continue to document the life of our family, especially during the holiday season!

It makes sense, on the first of November, for us to tell you what we are MOST thankful for.  Thankful doesn't even express the depth of our gratitude, but we are thankful for a Savior who came to this Earth and died to become our sin that we may become His righteousness.  Christ died for you and desires you to have abundant life with him!  As thankful as we are for our salvation, we long for Eli to know Christ one day too:  more than anything else we desire.  We pray earnestly for this!



Oh, give thanks to the LORD!  Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples!
1 Chronicles 16:8

PS-We are trying to come up with a catchy title for this little series.  In trying to do this, Wesley reminded me that it is also "No-shave November"...I'd appreciate any other suggestions, haha!  : )


1 comment:

  1. How about thoroughly thankful? :) Can't wait to read more. Love y'all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...