Thursday, June 21, 2012

the Dining Room

I'm hooking up with Kelly's Korner, Show Us Your Dining Rooms today.  When we were house hunting, one of the things that I really wanted was an actual dining room.  I love our little dining room.  It's probably one of my favorites in our home.  We use it daily because we don't have a kitchen table.  So we eat all of our meals in here!


Here's the view from the kitchen.

Our little table.

The seashells on the table.  Some I bought, but most have been collected from family beach trips.  I have several seashells around the house this time of year!  I think they're so serene and pretty.  I change out what's in the bowl depending on the time of year - pinecones and other autumnal things in the fall, etc.

The wall to the right.  I love my letters.  I've seen several versions of this on blogs/Pinterest.

This is the view from the opposite corner.  Notice little man's chair at the head...it's just easier that way, keep him in between us!

I also have a coffee filter wreath hanging on the mirror.  I saw several floating around on blogland a few years ago.  It was very easy to make, but I think I scarred my fingers with the glue gun trying to do it!

I love my curtains.  I made them myself, thanks to a tutorial about pinch-pleat curtains via pinterest!

Thanks for stopping by!  : )

1 comment:

  1. I really like your curtains. And I always make my husband sit next to, and feed, the baby so that I can get a little break! Ha!

    As you can tell I am a few weeks behind on my blog reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...