This weekend was the 5k that I started training for 9 weeks ago. We've run this 5k four years in a row now (see here and here). It's one our school system puts on. But this is the first time I've every actually FINISHED c25k, and what a difference it makes!
We arrived at the school a little early to get registered and talk to people. Eli made a beeline for the playground.
Pre-race family picture!
My goal was 38 minutes. In all of my training I've kept a 13ish minute pace. In other words, slow, but my goal was really just to finish.
It's a smaller race (and gets smaller each year). Only about 30 runners, and a lot of them were very fast! Wesley had intended to run this race and set a new record for himself (under 24 minutes), but he's been struggling with an Achilles injury and wasn't able to do that, so he and Eli took it nice and easy and ran with momma!
Here I am after I've crossed. My official time was 34:37 - making my average pace 11:30ish, which I was very pleased with! I even only walked about 15 yards of the last terrible incline.
Even though it's certainly not my first 5k experience, it was definitely my best. I don't want to lose all that I've gained (and that happens so quickly), so I hope to keep up the running and find a few more 5ks to do before it really gets too cold to be outside.
Afterward the race Eli enjoyed playing on the blow-ups!
The rest of our weekend was full of Christmas Made in the South with my mom and the Auburn v. Texas A&M game with Nana and Puddin. Although the Tigers were pitiful, we had a great time. We also enjoyed getting to watch Jonathan Wallace get some time at QB. He's from Phenix City and we were watching him play HS ball last year! He did a great job, certainly more consistency than Mosley and Frazier, so we hope we get to watch more of him this season.
This next week is a full week for us with Halloween coming. I hope Eli doesn't pitch too much of a fit in his costume!
No comments:
Post a Comment