Sunday, October 14, 2012

Our Weekend

So, I forgot to pull out my camera this weekend, so this is a boring, wordy post : )

*Wesley and my Dad logged about 1,600 miles on "Aubie car" this weekend.  They took Friday off work and drove to South Bend, Indiana, to see Notre Dame take on Stanford.  Despite being wet throughout the whole game, they had a great time!  I'm glad they got to see Notre Dame when, because it sure isn't happening for Auburn this season.  War Eagle anyway.

*Mom stayed with Eli and I for the weekend while the boys were on their road trip.  We played, did a lot of walking/running at the lake, made a trip to Hobby Lobby, hemmed some pants, got a Redbox, went to a birthday party for one of Eli's friends, caught up on some movies on LifeTime and Hallmark Channel, went to church, and had a great time just hanging around the house!  I forgot to take any pictures though.

*This week is week EIGHT of c25k.  I'm feeling pretty good about my running.  Sometimes I have to syke myself up to go, but I always feel good about it afterwards.  I've run 25 minutes without stopping.  I don't think I've done that since high school.  Or maybe my AUMB/pregame days anyway. At least I don't have to have a smile plastered to my face while doing c25k.  The middle parts of my run, between 9-16 minutes are always my hardest.  It takes me about to that 16 minute mark to make those voices in my head stop and just run.  Only 12 days until the 5k!

*My bff Ashley, told me about this great new series called Chronicles of the Kings, based on 1 and 2 Kings out of the Old Testament.  Ashley and I have basically read the same things, so I know any book she recommends is great.  So far I'm loving it.  The first book, Gods and Kings, is a free download (I know on Kindle and iBooks), btw, so go get it and happy reading!

*My new favorite song right now (although it's not exactly new) is "Jesus Friend of Sinners" by Casting Crowns.  It's good stuff.


*Eli is STILL waking up at least 2x a night. every night.  And, he's not sleeping through nap time without waking up either.  Looks like we'll be back at the dr. sometime this week.  I have a terrible headache, and I think it's from lack of deep sleep.  Those pesky ears.  I think I'm going to start laying hands on him and fervently praying Proverbs 3:24 over him.  No joke.

And, finally, the really important stuff....

Who saw Miley Cyrus on Jay Leno this weekend?  What the heck?!!!?  I mean, is she going through some stuff?  What did she do to her hair?  And she obviously doesn't know, or believe in, 'modest is hottest'.  SMH.


(IDK why my videos are so large.  I really don't care to take the time to figure it out either. Sorry.)

 Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...