Sunday, January 27, 2013

Dinner Dates

My blogs have been slightly lacking here lately.  There's not a whole lot going on.  Soccer season is in full swing, which means that it's just Eli and I a lot of the time...which means that I don't have time to sit down, much less blog.

I read a blog a few days ago, and it gave me this idea.  It also provided a few good laughs between Wesley and I.  I must admit, I thought I knew him fairly well, but some of his answers surprised me!

If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be?
(Three separate dinner dates, not one dinner with three other people.)
First, here are Wesley's picks.

Cam Newton
 No shocker here.  He says he'd like to eat with Cam and get down "off the record" to the nitty gritty about what Cam really knew about his father's shenanigans.  After dinner they'd of course go throw around the football.  It's on Wesley's bucket list (HA!) to catch a pass from Cam Newton (or Brett Farve) and to get tackled by Ray Lewis.

Nelson Mandela
He says he doesn't know what he'll ask him.  He just thinks it would be cool to eat with him.

the Queen
Her place though, not ours.  Like Mandela, he doesn't have anything in mind to ask Her Majesty, but would just like to see where the conversation goes! : )

Here are my picks:

George W. Bush
 Love him.  Really.  People now would probably be surprised to know I used to have a life-size cut-out of W. (what I call him) in my bedroom in high school.  I even took it to college with me.

George told me "War Eagle!" back in 2005.  We were in D.C. for his inauguration.  I kid you not.  Don't ask Wesley though, he wasn't paying attention.  True story.

Kate Middleton
 What American doesn't love the royal family?!  And just like Wesley and the Queen, her place, not mine.  I just want to talk to her and hear all about her life.  And possibly go shopping with her!

Friends
My final dinner would be with anyone (or everyone) from the cast of Friends.  My favorite TV show ever.  I've seen every episode countless times.  I want to hear all about what it was like producing the show, etc.  And I really want to eat either at Monica's, or just sit on the couch of the coffee house.

If I ever go to NYC, I'm taking my picture in the fountain in Central Park.

You know....this one.

So, who would you eat with?

2 comments:

  1. I remember your cutout of W. HA! Flashback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is more difficult to think of than I thought it'd be! I'd eat with ... 1) Anthony Evans - loves Jesus, voice of an angel, and is real easy on the eyes 2) Bobby Bowden - you know he's got stories for days to tell! and 3) Josh Groban - he's a glorified nerd with a ridiculous voice. He's quirky and has a great sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...