Last weekend we made a trip to Dothan to spend some time with Nana and Puddin, and for Wesley to run his second half-marathon!
We got there a little early Saturday morning, and naturally, Eli spotted the bouncy-house. He's got an eye for those things.
Last year, my mom ran the half, but this year they added a 5k to the event, so this year she and I did the 5k race. That left Eli to be Puddin's assistant photographer for the race.
It was a very chilly, windy, 40ish degree morning, which was really cold prior to the race, but turned out to be awesome running weather!
| The runners + Eli, pre-race |
I have been suffering from the longest sinus infection known to man. I think I waited way too long to go to the doctor. The sinus infection basically exploding in my face and spread to my eyes...meaning ugly glasses/12 year old Rebecca all.week.long. Glasses are soo not fun to run in, btw.
BUT, mom and I did pretty good! We ran it together and finished in 34:04, which is our fastest times yet!
Prior to the start of the half...
Wesley said that he took off with the pack at the start of the race, and didn't realize how fast he was going, but kept a 7 minute pace for the first 8 miles!! What??!
Eli greeting Daddy at mile 9!
Mile 11 or so...
Crossing the finish line! 1:47:23
So proud of my husband! He shaved EIGHT minutes off of his time from last year!
Love, love, love this picture/memory. Eli grabbed Nana's water bottle and ran it out to his Daddy! : )
Eli getting the scoop from Daddy after the race.
Post-race family photo....right before we headed to 5 Guys for lunch : )
(I took my glasses off for this picture, and I can sooo tell I don't
have contacts in and am blind as a bat. I just have that look on my
face. Yikes)
Now, on to the next races - a color run in March and the Finish on the 50 run in Auburn (War Eagle) in April. Lots to look forward to this spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment