Like all good Auburn fans, we headed with Nana and Puddin' to our alumni, Auburn, for the spring A-Day game, and to say goodbye to the Toomers Oaks.
Like all trips to Auburn, we started with play time at our favorite park!
Then, we made our way to Toomers Corner to say our goodbyes.
The best picture family photo we go. Real life though.
One final roll.
Eli with Nana and Puddin' at the A-Day game, along with 83,000 of our closest friends. It was crazy crowded there. I can honestly say it was much more crowded than A LOT of our games were last year. It's nice to see people excited about Auburn football again. Hopefully it wasn't just 83,000 fair-weather fans, and everyone will still be excited come this fall.
Eli sure does love him some Auburn (he gets it honest). He's been singing the fight song and singing "War Eagle" nonstop! He wants to go back to the football stadium. Too bad he's got to wait another 5 months or so to go.
We had to leave at the end of the third quarter to make it back in time for a gender reveal shower for some friends (it's a girl!). We made one more trip through downtown on our way out. It was a little sad to part ways with the trees. We have so many memories here! It was kind of depressing looking at the pictures and videos of the trees coming down today. I realize this sounds pathetic to non-Auburn people, but it's more than just toilet paper and wins for us.
It is a spirit. It is an attitude. It is a way of looking at life and at one another. It is, almost, a way of living. Unless you have experienced it; you will never understand it. Once you have experienced it, you will never be the same. A part of you will, forevermore, be an Auburn man or an Auburn woman.
- David Housel
And, finally, I'll leave you with this video. It was made by someone that Wesley and I were in the band with during our days at Auburn. He is amazingly talented.
...because I believe in Auburn, and love it.
War Eagle!
...because I believe in Auburn, and love it.
War Eagle!
I love the family picture with Eli looking through the toilet paper roll! haha Fun kid!
ReplyDelete