Monday, July 29, 2013

Life is Precious, and Tomorrow is not Promised

I haven't blogged much lately, but honestly, I haven't had a whole lot to say.  Last week was one of those weeks that was a reminder of just how precious life really is.  It was kind of a hard week.

A dear friend/co-workers daughter (who was only 30) lost her three year battle with cancer last week.  I've mentioned her before on the blog.  She was diagnosed with colon cancer when she was only 28 (my age now).  Shea's service was beautiful, and all that one could hope it could be.  Shea leaves behind her family, including her husband and their 10 month old baby boy.  While it is so sad, and my heart hurts for her family, it is comforting to know that Shea is no longer suffering or in pain, and her family will see her again one day.  This was Shea's blog, and this is her sister, Erin's.  Erin got up and spoke beautiful words about her sister!

Also, last week a girl from my hometown, that I have absolutely no connection with other than being in my 20s and from the same area, died of breast cancer.  She also had a blog.  

Today I am thankful for eternity in heaven.  Be praying for these sweet families who have, for now, been left behind.

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world."
John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...