Thank you for all of the text/FB/Instagram messages, phone calls, and congratulatory words. We are so very excited!
To answer some of your questions:
*Yes, this baby was planned. We weren't nearly as surprised as we were with Eli (our best surprise ever!).
*This week makes 14 weeks.
*I will be having a c-section. Eli was born emergency c-section, so I have to have a c-section this go around. I'm really ok with that. I know what to expect in terms of my recovery. I just want a healthy baby!
*Eli doesn't really understand. We've talked about it some, but don't push it too much. It changes every day whether or not he wants a brother or a sister.
*I had 'nighttime nausea' (if that's a thing) probably the first 10 weeks or so. I only got sick once, but pretty much every night I think I could have thrown up if I let myself.
*Exhaustion does not even begin to describe how tired I've been. It's been really tough going back to work and all that my job requires this time of year, plus keeping up with a very active 3 year old. Honestly though, I'll take the 24/7 dog-tired over the sleeplessness that I know will eventually come.
*I have to pee ALL. THE. TIME. No joke. I may have even mentioned to Wesley that the thing I was most looking forward to about my c-section was a catheter so that I wouldn't get up SEVEN (seriously) times a night to pee (that tall glass of water the other night was a really bad idea).
*I've had 2 appointments now, and both have gone well. I've gained about 5 lbs, although it sure looks like more. Baby #2 don't play. The pudge sure poked out FAST! : )
*I haven't really gotten into maternity clothes yet. My shorts/pants don't really fit anymore, even the bigger ones. Sad. I've been living mostly in dresses or yoga pants. I prefer the later.
*I told my class yesterday I was pregnant. They were all very excited, and I got several suggestions for baby names. We won't be using any of them, but if you're looking for some unusual names I'd be happy to pass those along to you! : ) I did have a few who told me they knew it...that I was beginning to look fat...got to love the honesty of an eight year old!
I've added a little poll to the top right of my blog. What are you thinking, boy or girl!?
I think that pretty much sums everything up right now! Again, thank you for all of your kind words and support for our family. We're so excited to add another sweet little baby, and so excited to see Eli take on the role of big brother! : )
I really am amazed the questions people ask. I shouldn't be.
ReplyDelete