Sunday, January 5, 2014

Big Brother Stuff

 Before heading back to school tomorrow (yikes!), we've been working on some big brother stuff around here.

The first project was from Eli to Landon.  The nursery is basically staying the same as it was with Eli, but I am making a few small changes to personalize it for Landon.  I've been trying to be very conscious of including Eli in all that we do and not leaving him out of this, so I wanted him to make something for Landon's room.

I painted a canvas navy, and then gave Eli some paint that matched the bedding for that room.  Eli worked very hard to paint a horse (his idea) for his brother!  If you follow me on Instagram, it really did look like a horse...the red did anyway.  He wanted to add some green after that, and basically covered up the horse, but that's ok.  It was made in love! : )




I've had a few other little projects for the nursery that I've been working on this week, but will wait to reveal those for a little while longer!

We also have been hard at work the past several days to get Eli's big boy room ready.  Big brother was very excited about paint sticks and stirring the paint!

We let him put the first few strokes of paint on the wall.

Eli was tickled to write his name on the wall in paint!!

Above his name he also wrote "Mom" (Momma) and "Nana".  We decided it looked like Nana was written in cursive.

My parents graciously offered to help us paint the room and strip furniture this weekend.  It turned into a MUCH bigger project than any of us really anticipated, so we were very grateful for their help!

Eli's room, like Landon's, is still a work in progress.  Stay tuned for the final reveals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...