Firsts: rolling/scooting, really using your arms to prop yourself up during tummy time/holding that head all the way up while on your tummy, sitting like a big boy on Mommy's hip while she holds you, first "back to school", first ear infections, first time to spend the night at Nana and Puddin's house, first time meeting Granddaddy
News headlines: The countdown to college football is on. Gaza is trying to invade Israel. Christians are fleeing to the mountains in Iraq due to persecution from ISIS. Russia and Ukraine are at odds. Basically we're just waiting on Christ to come back!
Milestones: You are becoming mobile quickly! I'm not sure I'm ready for it. I want you to stay my baby boy! You've gone from rolling to scooting backwards now. You are a quick mover. We will put you down on your back and turn around for just a few seconds, and when we turn back to you you're on your tummy and have scooted up under tables, chairs, etc. Also, you're teething and drooling like crazy! This month you're feet have finally touched the ground in your jumper. You really enjoy playing in that!
Measurements: 15 or 16 lbs. You are wearing some 3-6 mths size clothes, but mostly 6 mth clothes. You wear a size 2 diaper.
Like Mommy:
Like Daddy: You are both light sleepers!
Like Eli: Neither of you are lacking in personality!
Challenges: This month has been full of challenges. You've had ear infections and mouth ulcers (a strain of hand, foot, and mouth). Because you were so sick, you stopped taking a bottle. This was no problem when we were at home over the summer, but has been a real battle with daycare and church nursery. Ms. Chessie and Ms. Theresa can get you to take your bottles at school, but you absolutely refuse for anyone else. I'm ok with this. I'd rather be the one to feed you anyway. It just makes it an inconvenience on everyone else. The spit-up is still touch and go. Some days it's after (and in betwen) every feeding, and other days you have none at all.
Our Days: Mommy wakes up at 5:00 a.m. for school. Sometimes the shower wakes you up, but usually I have to wake you up around 6:30 to feed you before school. We leave the house around 6:50 each day and I take you and Eli to school. Normally Daddy will pick you up about 3:10, but with the start of school, it's been a little crazy and more like 4:00 when you get picked up. You take three 5 oz bottles while you're at school. And then Mommy feeds you twice more before bedtime. You've been waking up once a night on average. Usually about 3:00 a.m. and eat. Thankfully you go right back to sleep. I think when we start rice cereal at six months, that will help you sleep better through the night (I'm hoping anyway!).
Funny/Favorite Moments:
Mommy's favorite-Seeing you smile when I reach to pick you up in the mornings. You're definitely in the best mood in the early morning!
Daddy's favorite-Watching Eli act silly and dance to make you laugh. He makes you cackle like no one else can!
Nicknames: Landon boy, Landy, Landy-cakes, Scooter
Upcoming Events: Eli's birthday party, your 4 mth vaccinations (Mommy missed your appointment so we're really behind now), Auburn football, and your first trip to Texas!
Look how much you've grown, Landon!
I don't think anyone can say that you're lacking in personality! You have such an infectious smile!



No comments:
Post a Comment