Saturday, August 22, 2009

100 Things About Me

1. I was born in Dothan, AL.

2. I am the oldest of three kids.

3. BOTH of my parents raised me (they've been married 29 years now.....not many people achieve such long and happy marriages)!

4. BOTH of Wesley's parents raised him (they've been married 26 years now)!

5. Most of my childhood I shared a room with my sister. It was painted "princess pink!"

6. We had bunk beds. I slept on the top bunk.

7. Caitlin saved all her money to buy herself cowboy boots. She was young. It was a big deal. She laid them out beside her bed each night. I threw up IN the boots one night.

8. I used to throw up in my sleep all the time. I'd wake up in the morning and a.) be covered in vomit, or b.) be wearing different clothes than when I went to bed because my parents had cleaned me up and changed my pjs.

9. I LOVED JTT (Jonathan Taylor Thomas) when I was about 12. I had his posters all over my room.

10. I've hated cats 23/24 years of my life.

11. I know have a cat named Lishak. I love her, but that's the only feline I feel that way about it.

12. Lishak was named after one of my favorite teachers - Dr. Lishak from Auburn University.

13. I'm a teacher!

14. This is my third year teaching third grade (well, teaching any grade actually).

15. The classroom I teach in actually was my mother in law's classroom before it was mine.

16. My childhood pet's name was Leonardo. My brother named him after the ninja turtle.

17. I have my boater's license. I got it when I was 16. My driver's ed teacher gave us the test. And the answers. He told everybody to mark different answers wrong so it wouldn't look suspicious.

18. I failed my driver's test the first time I took it. I hit the curb on the three point turn.

19. I LOVE the Harry Potter books.

20. I began reading the Harry Potter books shortly after the first was written. Back then it was "Harry who?!" I consider myself a TRUE fan, not a follower.

21. I was in band throughout school.

22. In middle school I "played the flute." More like I held the flute up.

23. In eighth grade my best friend said she always wanted to be one of those flag girls on the field at half time of the football games. I had no idea what she was talking about, but I tried out for it because she was.

24. I was on the flag line in high school all four years. Co-captain my junior year and captain my senior year.

25. My sister did that too. The Petty girls monopolized that leadership position for four years! muahahaha! : )

26. I went to college at Auburn University.

27. I tried out for flag line there. I really have no idea what possessed me to do this.

28. I was an "alternate" my first year in the Auburn University Marching Band. That's a totally embarrassing term.

29. My senior year at Auburn I was the captain of the flag line.

30. In eight years of performing, the only time I can think of that my parents didn't come to watch was when I marched in George W. Bush's inaugural parade in 2005....but come on....it was in Washington D.C. in the middle of the week.

31. Wesley and I met through the AUMB, at a New Year's Eve party at my house, the night before we left to go to the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans.

32. Wesley and I were "bus buddies" on the way to D. C. and dating when we got back.

33. That was 4 1/2 years ago.

34. Wesley and I got married six weeks ago.

35. I graduated from Auburn with my degree in Elem. Ed.

36. I graduated two years later from Auburn with my MASTERS degree in Elem. Ed.

37. I only told Wesley this, but, I really didn't like my hair on my wedding day. Nancy did a great job fixing it. But, looking back at other people's pictures....I wish it would have been different.

38. I love Mexican food.

39. I love Chick fil A. It's the christian chicken; and, they have DANG good polynesian sauce!

40. I need to drink a diet coke a day.

41. I have recently discovered I love Crystal Light lemonade.

42. My favorite book is "The Wedding" by Nicholas Sparks.

43. I love Christmas time and Christmas decorations.

44. Wesley and I have an Auburn christmas tree: garland-toilet paper (an AU tradition = Toomer's Corner), ornaments-blue and orange balls, etc.

45. I always unwrap my Christmas presents early. I had a "kit" when I lived at home.....scissors, tape, pencil, knife, etc.

46. I love surprises that are truly surprises.

47. I do not like when I know I have a surprise coming but not what it is!

48. I love anything monogrammed.

49. I have "T"s all over the house.

50. I am incredibly indecisive.

51. My least favorite time of day during the school day is packing up. The kids always seem to be crazy then.

52. I have two teddy bears - one named Teddy and one named Bear.

53. I still sleep with my teddy bears. I took them on my honeymoon. I told Wesley they'd been around MUCH longer than he had, get used to it!

54. I do not find Fran Drescher's voice annoying. I love the Nanny. I'm so glad it's on Nick at Night.

55. I have two webbed toes (halfway webbed) on each foot.

56. I can't stand a messy car.

57. I have to make my bed before I can get in it. Even if I go all day without making it, I have to make it before I can get back in. I can't sleep with wrinkled sheets.

58. I like the Old Testament MUCH BETTER than the New Testament.

59. I love me some Auburn football.

60. I say the cuss words in the AU cheers when we play Alabama.

61. I can burp REALLY loudly!

62. I have memories of sitting around the dinner table growing up and my Daddy teaching Caitlin, Zachary, and I how to burp our A-B-Cs.

63. I take medicine everyday for my high blood pressure.

64. One day last year I was taking it at school because I forgot to take it at home, and one of my students told me that, "It was ok. She has to take medicine for her behavior too!" bahahaha!

65. I got diagnosed with high blood pressure when I was 21. I was having TERRIBLE headaches and migraines.

66. I still get headaches frequently.

67. I catch myself clenching my teeth sometimes.

68. I have three crowns, but I brush my teeth at least twice a day and floss every day!!

69. Last year, I pulled a crown out eating a tootsie roll. Since then, no more gum or sticky/gummy candy. boo!

70. I love the blue box Kraft macaroni and cheese.

71. I call Velveeta mac and cheese the "special occasion" kind because Momma would only make it on special occasions.

72, I broke my foot when I was in college. It SUCKED! I was playing soccer with Wesley, rolled my foot and heard a loud pop! Then, was running on the treadmill a few days louder, rolled my foot again and heard another pop.

73. I was on crutches and in a boot cast for like six weeks because of the "break". Wesley says it wasn't really a break. But it was a hairline fracture of the fourth and fifth metatarsal on my right foot and tore the ligaments and nerve endings in my foot. It HURT!

74. I like trash t.v.

75. Some shows I like are Greys Anatomy, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Girls Next Door, Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

76. I require at least 8 hours of sleep a night.

77. I get really cranky when I don't have 8 hours of sleep each night.

78. I can't stand to hear people cuss in public (or not in public). I give them my best teacher look when I hear it. I like to think it makes a difference.

79. I love to shop at Ann Taylor Loft. And especially love the 15% discount you get on everything for being a teacher!

80. I love going to the movies. We used to go all the time growing up, and still do when my family gets together. Wesley and I don't go very much though....too expensive for us right now!

81. I have recently gotten into coupons....Publix has some good deals - iheartpublix.com

82. I don't talk a lot to people I don't know well. I guess we call that "shy."

83. I love card games. My favorite card game is boo cow (a.k.a. Nertz). I am very competitive about games. I like to dominate.

84. I took a class for my major at Auburn - Art for Elem. Ed. It was the WORST class I have EVER taken! The teacher's name was Chi Chi (pronounced chee-chee). She told us it meant boobs in Spanish. IDK why she told us this. She pulled me and my teaching partners aside one day and was very mean. She told us it appeared that we had never been in a classroom before. We didn't tell her we were about to intern. Perhaps it could be because I cared NOTHING about teaching MONET.

85. I hate the smell and taste of coffee. I hate the taste of cherries and mint too.

86. I wish I had someone to fix my hair everyday. It's sooo thick and wavy. I blow dry it and straighten it daily. But I wish I had someone to fix it for me and get it looking the right way.

87. When my dad was teaching me to drive a stick shift, he was standing by the car telling me something and I accidently ran over his foot!

88. I hate volleyball. I find it stupid and it's not fun to play or watch.

89. I am AFRAID of bad weather! When I was 12 I was in a tornado. I've been afraid ever since.

90. I spend way to much time reading other people's blogs.

91. I love the way freshly vacuumed carpet looks!

92. I love TRUE fall and TRUE spring: seasons that don't exist for south Alabama.

93. I pop my knuckles all the time.

94. I hate the way button up, collared shirts look on me.

95. I have my ears pierced (since I was 8 years old), but the whole in my right ear is stretched from wearing too heavy earrings when I was young.

96. I HATE going to the eye doctor. I usually end up crying.

97. It takes me years to wear out a pair of tennis shoes. It takes Wesley only a few months.

98. I get my eye brows waxed because my eyes water so much that I can't see when I try to pluck them!

99. I got out of a speeding ticket by crying once in Auburn. I was speeding through a school zone (honestly, I didn't realize it was a school zone). The police man pulled me over and when he approached the car I opened my door because my windows weren't rolling down at the time. He pulled his gun on me. I started crying, telling the officer how I was going to tutor and about a first grader who didn't know his short vowel sounds. I think he just felt so bad for me that he just let me go.

100. I found this task MUCH harder than I thought it would be! : )

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda!

    You asked about my signature on our blog.. It came from kevinandamanda.com :) The link for the instructions are here: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/add-a-signature-to-every-blog-post-on-your-bloggerblogspot-blog.html
    It was pretty easy for me to do after following her instructions. Good luck for yours! :) Come back and leave me a comment when you get it up and working and I'll come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love volleyball, cherries, mint. We have the same favorite book. There is always something we wish we had done differently on our wedding day. I love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Peggy Taff (Haven't had a chance to try that out yet!)! Great post. I knew most of those. And feel like I was a part of at least 10 of them. That makes me feel happy. Love you, miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...