Monday, March 1, 2010

Baby Visit

Today I had another baby check up with my doctor. I was really looking forward to it! It was much more pleasant than last month's, "all in your business," visit! : )

I got there and had to give a urine sample, had my BP checked (perfectly normal), and then ..... the weigh-in. I was having Dr. Pascoe flashbacks from my days at Auburn. I took my shoes and jacket off, but really wanted to like take some layers of clothes off too or something. I've gained 3 lbs since my last visit, four weeks ago. I was a little bummed out by that, I was hoping it wasn't that much. But, the lab nurse said that was good. I'm not entirely sure how much I've gained since my pre-pregnancy weight. My scales at home are different than theirs (I weigh less on the one in my bathroom, so I'm going by that). I'm guessing I've gained somewhere around 4-5 lbs in the past 14 (almost 15 now) weeks.

Wesley made his first trip to the OB/GYN today! hahaha! I have a sick husband who stayed home from work today with pink eye, so he was able to make my appointment. He didn't touch anything at the doctor, and washed his hands twice while we were there. I was glad he got to go and hear the heartbeat (and he saw "the stirrups" first hand - ha)!

Baby Taff's heart was beating 155 beats per minute. The doctor said between 120-160 was normal, but it is usually on the higher side early in pregnancy.

Remember me talking about getting one of these yesterday? I wore it to work today. I was a little unsure about it. But let me tell you - I wish I'd known about these suckers before I was pregnant! It was like, the best pants wearing experience of my entire life! haha! No joke, they are reallllly comfortable and will allow me to wear my pants A LOT longer! I got mine in white, but may go back for some more colors.

We've started buying diapers and wipes at every visit to the grocery store here lately. I've talked to several people, and they've all recommended Pampers, so that's what we're going with. I was given several of the Newborn size yesterday, and then bought size 3 at Wal-Mart (because that's all they had). I've got three boxes of wipes so far. I've found some coupons online for Huggies baby wipes, so I'm printing some off and going to get them, and then sent the link to my mom, and she's going to do the same for me!

Pregnancy story of the week:
Food Aversions - PIZZA. Oh my gosh. It's seriously bad. Wednesday of last week, I came right home from work and slept until 7:30. Wesley woke me up then because he'd gotten Marco's Pizza (which we love) for dinner. It was fine that night. I ate two slices and went back to bed. So, the next day I took two more slices for lunch. Well, I headed it up and sat down at the table to eat it and it looked, and smelled, soooooo gross. The thought of pizza made me want to pass out. I ate the crust only, and thought I was going to die. I told a teacher friend I was just going to put on a movie for the rest of the afternoon. I NEVER do this, but I just couldn't take it. We got down the hall and another teacher volunteered to take my class for Math (God bless her) because I looked so rough. I turned my light out, locked my door, got in a beanbag chair in the back of my room, set the alarm on my cell phone, and slept for an hour! That night Wesley's grandmother asked if we could bring her pizza and come eat dinner. Oh my sweet mercy. No way, no how. Wesley was sweet to get me Subway.

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog after I saw that we read a few of the same blogs!

    Congrats on the baby---so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, was blog-hopping while eating lunch and found the big news. At least you guys will be married for over a year when the baby gets here, you held out longer than we did!

    You two will be great parents. Life gets crazy, but it's more fun than you can imagine! Just remember: If you can't find the TV remote, look in the trash can or underwear drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pampers are the best and you are so smart for buying diapers and wipes now! I only use Huggies if I have too and so far I've had no luck with store brands. I LOVE Marco's Pizza and I'm so sad to hear that pizza is a no-go for you right now. I hate pizza...Marco's is the only kind I will eat because it tastes fresh. Heartbeat is high...could be a girl :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...