The rest of our trip to Gatlinburg was awesome! We've done a lot of shopping (buying things for Eli and his room), playing cards/games (we are Phase 10 addicts), and watching of the Office (season 3) and Everybody Loves Raymond (season 4) that we brought with us (our favorite shows to watch together!).
But, we also spent a day doing the Ober Gatlinburg thing and walking around downtown.
I'm not a fan of roller coasters (unless they're the indoor kind....if I'm going to plummet to my death, I really don't want to know it's coming), so I hung on for dear life inside the tram.
But it was impossible NOT to take pictures. The view was amazing!
There were six towers we passed by.
I tried not to look down too much though!
This is the Delta chateau. The roof is made out of airplane wings!
I'm not sure who owns this one, but supposedly it is the exact replica of Barbie's dream house. I wish I could see the inside!
Supposedly Bernie Madoff also has (had?) a chateau on this mountain, but I wasn't looking when they pointed out which one it is (was?). The lady running the tram told us though that the banks now own it and so far, aren't selling.
Here's the ski slopes sans snow! Notice the chair lift on the right. You can see the snow machines too.
Isn't God's creation beautiful?!
Glad y'all had fun
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are beautiful! I think I would have passed out from being so high, but you saw a gorgeous view! Hopefully we can finish our conversation soon. Love you!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had a great time!
ReplyDeleteAsh, I totally thought of you while riding that tram. Wesley didn't understand my apprehension!
ReplyDeleteLOL Well, if I would have been there, I would have held your hand. Or, let's be honest, watched from the bottom of the mountain with you and let the gentlemen enjoy it together. :)
ReplyDelete