Spring Break has gotten off to a fantastic start! Friday night we went out to eat and then were just wandering around Babies R Us when Wesley decided we should go ahead and register; so we did! We still are undecided on which brand/model of some things, and want to register at Target too, but it's a work in progress!
__________________________________________________
On Saturday we did some things around the house and ran some errands around town. That afternoon we headed to the wedding of one of my good friends from high school.
The wedding and reception were held at Landmark Park in Dothan. The wedding was outdoors by the gazebo and the reception was inside the barn. I wanted to have our reception here, however the barn isn't air conditioned and that would have been miserable in July, but in April, it was perfect! I LOVED how the inside of the barn was decorated. The ceiling and rafters looked amazing!
The decorations were sooo pretty!
Me and Emily at the reception
Me and Wesley at the reception. Wesley said it was his kind of eatin' at that reception. It was basically all meats and sweets - his favorites! : )
The "high school" picture with the beautiful bride!
__________________________________________________
And, finally, we made it to Gatlinburg just after lunch on Sunday.
The view when you walk in the door.
The bedroom.

And the view from the patio. There's a very pretty mountain, but we're not facing it. We've left the patio door open and the breeze is so nice! We've even made friends with this little robin who flies to the porch, but won't come in. He just stands and stares!
Once we got here yesterday, we took naps and then headed to Wal-Mart to stock up on some groceries and snacks, and just relaxed in the room. Today we slept late, I read and took a long bath, and then we went to see the movie, How to Train Your Dragon - it is seriously sooo cute. A very good movie. Wesley and I both enjoyed it. Tonight we've got reservations for a dinner mystery show.
Spring Break is off to a great start!
I love Gatlingburg! Enjoy your spring break! Mine is coming to end---I head back to work on Wed!
ReplyDeleteSounds like such fun! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI love the room.
ReplyDeleteAnd the place is decorated beautifully