So Monday night I started taking classes at night...cake decorating classes that is! I'm taking them at Michael's with one of my oldest friends (since 8th grade), Sarah, and her sister.
There's 10 people in the class, ranging from high schoolers to retired people, with everything in between. One of the first things we did was go around and introduce ourselves.
"Hi, I'm Rebecca. I do basic cooking and baking. I love my kitchen aide stand mixer and use it at least three times a week. I'm taking this class because Sarah wanted to and asked me if I would too."
*Flashback*
I was on the flag line/color guard in high school and college all because Sarah wanted to try out when we were in 8th grade. I didn't even have any idea what I was getting myself in to, but I ended up LOVING it!
So check out my cake.
haha, ok, not really. That's the one the teacher made.
We decorated sugar cookies and just practiced working with different tips. These are the cookies I did.
I have homework this weekend: to make a 'naked, one layer cake and a double batch of homemade buttercream icing! Next week we will be decorating cakes. I can't wait! Thanks for showing me one more thing I didn't know I loved to do, Sarah!
Wow! YAy! Didn't know you had posted a blog about the class. And also may not have realized that I was the initiator of flag corps/color guard, either! hahah. I bought my cake mix and ingredients for the icing tonight at Publix. I'm excited. Your cookies turned out pretty, so your cake is probably going to be really good, also. It is 11:59pm on Thursday...apparently I think I'm off tomorrow. I'm not. I have been reading strangers' blogs (even cried over pictures of a recently adopted 2 year old from China), and randomly wound up on your blog, too. Glad I did!
ReplyDelete