Sunday and Monday we woke up and hit the beaches early. It was sunny and hot (close to 90). We rented chairs and an umbrella for the week. It was not the most frugal or economical of investments, but it sure beat multiple trips from the room to the beach; going to the beach sure is different with a baby in tow! We stayed on the beach until close to noon, and then headed in to feed Eli and let him get a nap. We hit the beach again around three and stayed out until five, when they start to pack up the chairs and umbrellas for the night.
Eli LOVED the beach! He was very curious about sand, and kept trying to eat it. He enjoyed sitting on a towel, underneath the umbrella and making eyes at all of the teenage girls on the beach. His “Big Flirt in Training” t-shirt would have been appropriate. Eli was exhausted by the end of the day. His eyes were so heavy and tired, despite his naps. There was just so much to look at on the beach: people laying out, swimming, running, and biking, helicopters and planes, boats, sand, the waves, and oh my, the birds. Eli was enamored with all of the seagulls and pigeons strutting around!
If you’re a male family member (or any male for that matter) you may want to skip this next paragraph) … We had planned to hit the pool for awhile at that time, BUT as we were cleaning up, I bent down to pick up Eli and POP! Yes, my swimsuit top broke! Thank you Jesus I had just put on my swimsuit cover up. After getting back to the room I discovered that the clip had snapped in two places. Let’s just say finding swimsuits for this trip was definitely interesting. While I’ve lost all my baby weight, my old tops no longer fit, thanks to breastfeeding. I could feel myself getting full all afternoon, and I guess it was just more than my top could handle! An emergency swimsuit shopping trip was made.
We made use of the pools too. Eli was a little unsure about the whole "float" experience at first, but he quickly learned to love it!


Love the pictures of Eli on the beach and at the pool. I think he's starting to look more like Wesley. If you look at the last two pictures, the facial expression is the same.
ReplyDelete