Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Recent Reads

I got some reading done over Spring Break. It was so nice. Sometimes I forget how much I really love to read. Sounds crazy, I know.


The first book, The Christian Atheist, I hadn't actually planned on reading. My husband (who RARELY reads) brought it to Daytona to read and I swiped it from him before he had a chance to open the book.

The title is a little intimidating, but it was a good book. Let me sum the book up for you: Faith without works is dead. There's an old 1990s song that's very appropriate here. It starts out with the following quote, "The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, then walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."

Next, I read Leaving by Karen Kingsbury. I love me some Karen Kingsbury books. This book was really good. KK books are one of those that I feel like I know the characters. I've been reading about these characters since I was in high school, so we're tight. haha! I skipped the last two books in the previous series, so some secrets slipped out, but I do plan on going back and reading the other two books in the Above the Line series this summer, as well as reading the next books in the Bailey Flanigan series.


Finally, I ventured out from the christian life books and read some mindless fiction. I've been wanting to read the Bride Quartet series for awhile now and have just now gotten around to it. It was so good. Each of the four books in this series is about one of four childhood friends who've grown up and started their own bridal business. Each book features one of the friend's own love story. I look forward to finishing the rest of the series this summer!

In addition to finishing up these series that I've started, my summer reading list also includes



and probably some John Grisham and James Patterson (they never let me down)

What are your summer must-reads?

2 comments:

  1. Lol- Baby Wise and Bringing Up Girls. And probably Deathly Hallows, again, just to be sure I am ready for part 2!! And I kind of want to read Something Borrowed. We'll see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last summer I read Baby Wise & Bringing Up Boys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...