Thursday, April 28, 2011

the Royal Wedding

What kind of blogger would I be if I didn't post about the royal wedding?

Royal Wedding....I'm excited! I wasn't alive for Charles and Diana's wedding, but I do remember coming home from a Point of Grace concert (woot, woot!) in 7th grade and learning of the news of Diana's fatal crash. I plan to get up really early for work tomorrow and get completely ready so that I can watch the wedding before work.

And now, a little royal wedding trivia.....

1. At 29 years old, Kate will be one of the oldest royal brides (Sophie was actually the oldest when she married Prince Edward at age 34).

2. Approximately 1,900 guests were invited to the Abbey ceremony.

3. At the ceremony, royalty sits on the right, and commoners on the left. Also, all the women in attendance must sport their hat, out of respect, of course.

4. 'All the Single Ladies' are out of luck if they're counting on tradition to land their man. Kate will lay her bouquet on the tomb of the Unknown Warrior.

5. Kate will pull a Diana and say, "love, honor, and keep" in her vows instead of "love, honor, and obey". Apparently it was much more controversial 30 years ago when Diana did that.

6. While 1,900 are invited to the ceremony, only 650 are invited to the reception. No five course meal though. Buckingham Palace chefs are whipping up 10,000 appetizers for the par-tay.

7. William and Kate are now their own postage stamp in Britain.

8. Apparently, Kanye West got an invite but Obama did not!

9. Thanks to the way things turned out between Diana/Charles and Andrew/Fergie, William and Kate (I'll be calling her Kate instead of Catherine...we're tight like that) will be the first royal couple to sign a pre-nup.

10. Sending invites (technically save the dates) by fax would be deemed tacky had it been done by me, but when it's the Queen it's no biggie.

And, finally, Mrs. Taff (Wesley's grandmother who watches The Insider and True TV) said that she heard Kate was pregnant. haha!!!

1 comment:

  1. Lol great post! Just to let you know, before I met Brian, I was sure William was the man for me. I can give you as many facts about him as you gave about the wedding. Sad but true. The wedding was beautiful though and I am thankful that I ended up with Brian. I'm sure in the end, the fame would have gotten to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...