We started today off by sleeping late, again. Woo hoo. We're just soaking up these last few weeks of summer. Even Eli slept late. Hopefully we're finally getting through this not sleeping through the night thing. We've had about 5 good nights out of the past week, which is more than we've had the 2 months before that.
We did a lot of walking today. We walked through the French Quarter. I love all of the buildings here. They're so pretty!
We went in several shops. Eli bought his usual souvenirs. We buy a magnet and Christmas ornament everywhere from every vacation spot. It's neat to look at all the spots we've gone in just 2 years. I love remember all of our trips when I glance at those magnets. Eli also likes to buy postcards to send to the family. He's such a good pen pal and likes to do his part to keep the US Postal Service in business in the age of modern technology.
We also walked around Jackson Square and toured the St. Louis Cathedral (the big white building behind Andrew Jackson).
And what's a trip to the French Quarter without a trip to Cafe Du Monde. I remembered they were good, but I had forgotten just how good the beignets were!
The Taffs at Cafe Du Monde
Little man fell asleep waiting for his beignets, so Mommy and Daddy had to eat his. Oh well. I'm sure we'll make another trip to let the little man have a taste.
Mmmmmm.....
After walking around for 3+ hours we headed back to our room. It was HOT and muggy (record setting I think the news said) today. Eli had about 12-15 oz of juice and water and was still soaking wet from sweat, so we needed to get back indoors. We enjoyed Sunday afternoon naps and red beans and rice for supper-how appropriate on this vacation.
Another fun day!



Those beignets looked a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Pity Eli didn't get to enjoy them!
ReplyDelete