Thursday, our last day in NOLA, we took Eli to Audubon Zoo. We've been to several zoos, so we feel pretty confident in saying that this was a pretty good zoo. We were closer to a lot of the animals than we ever have been before. We also saw some animals we'd never seen before!
Eli loves animals! One of his favorites were the flamingos.
See how excited he was! He laughed over and over again watching them.
Next we saw elephants.
This is how little man looked at the animals. He was very serious and studied them all very well!
Petting a sheep at the petting zoo!
Eli wasn't so sure about the goats. I can't blame him; I hate those things.
They had a Louisiana Swamp section of the zoo that featured animals indigenous to the area. Wesley loved the gators. This one was covered in swamp goo. These things can stand ridiculously still. It was crazy how long they can go without blinking!
They also had white alligators. The gators almost looked statue-like because they were SO still!
Eli has a zoo animals touch and feel book, so he knew the toucan when we knew the toucan when we saw it. "This bird hops, it rarely flies; it's hard you see, with a beak this size." (Can you tell we've read it a few times?)
The jaguar exhibit was another favorite!
After our trip to the zoo we came back to the room to eat a late lunch and we all took long naps! Afterwards we walked back to the River Walk to grab one last snack at Cafe Du Monde!
I love the look on little man's face. He was like, 'Who are you kidding? I'm not posing for a picture, Mom. I want beignets!"








No comments:
Post a Comment