We FINALLY got tubes on Wednesday morning. We were at the hospital bright and early - 6:15 a.m. (although I can't really say it was bright, it was still dark outside). We even had one of our friends/ministers from our church come for a visit at 6:30-I was impressed he was up and functioning so early! : )
The worst part of it was no eating/drinking after midnight (that was hard for a growing boy!) and having to wait with five other babies in the pediatric holding area for almost an hour and a half.
The cutest patient I've ever seen in my life!
Eli pulled the curtain back and made friends with the baby in "bay 2". It was hilarious!
Like I said, we got there at 6:15, they didn't come to take him to surgery until 7:37 (yes, I looked at my phone). Thankfully it wasn't too bad. I had just rocked Eli to sleep and when I handed him over to the nurse he stayed asleep. Wesley said he was proud of me for not crying, but it was touch and go there for a minute. If Eli had been awake I know he would have cried and I would have definitely have lost it.
We were in the waiting room for approximately 15 minute when Dr. M came out to tell us the surgery had gone well. He had drained the fluid and inserted the tubes and Eli did great!
About 2 minutes after that a nurse took Wesley and I back to pediatric recovery. I heard Eli crying as soon as we got back there. Turns out they were trying to get him to take some Similac and he was NOT having it, haha. I politely told them that he was a breast milk baby, so they got us some apple juice instead! Eli drank 3 or 4 ounces of apple juice/water (we always dilute it). The other "worst part" about the whole experience was him trying to come out of the anesthia. He was so disoriented! Wesley and I rocked him and talked to him and he eventually calmed down.
We were back in the car headed home by 8:30. We went home and all took naps, and my mom stayed with Eli that afternoon while Wesley and I went back to work. I'm so glad she was able to come and be with us. By the time I went back to work at noon, Eli was talking, playing, and walking! He had a great afternoon and didn't act like anything was more than normal. I'm anxious to see how these tubes improve things for us.
Many thanks to all the friends and family who prayed for us and checked up on us yesterday!
No comments:
Post a Comment