Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter 2012

This is one longgg Easter post!  We had so many Easter activities this year.  This is such a fun age with Eli.  He's still baby enough, but he's also becoming independent and can do so much!

Eli helped me make a bunny cake this year...and I did the same thing I did last year - iced the whole thing white.  I meant to do the bow-tie blue, but by that point I was getting so tired of that bunny, so I cheated.  Then, I was so tired of the icing that I thought I could use gel for the mouth instead of dying another color (I made the cake and icing from scratch).  Big mistake!

This bunny looks like Dracula!  It's ok to go ahead and laugh - we all did.  At least it tasted great!


Thursday Eli's class had an egg hunt at school.  Eli was so excited about it!

Daddy went to school and took pictures and filmed the whole thing (which won't upload).

Eli quickly caught on to the concept of picking up eggs.


Friday night we dyed eggs together.  Little man had big fun!



He even took to blowing them off so that they dried quickly!

Since Eli's school was closed on Friday, he and Nana had a playdate.  Puddin' came up after work.

Saturday we got up and went to the River Walk and walked a little over 3 miles.


Saturday afternoon we hunted more eggs in the front yard with Nana and Puddin'!






Eli liked the hard-boiled eggs more than the plastic ones...until he smashed them and got egg everywhere!  "Uh-OHHH!"  : )

Nana and Eli love to play silly.

Easter attire was casual around here since we go to the Saturday night service.

Everyone agreed that little man could have mixed right in at the Masters!  I loved his sweet outfit.
(Can you tell that the rocking chairs are our standard "picture taking spot"??!)

The Taffs
Easter 2011
(And just for comparison, here's Easter 2011.)

Even though we celebrated at church on Saturday night, Eli still got his basket Sunday morning.  We aren't really going to "do" the Bunny - the basket is from Mommy and Daddy.  Eli got a new Buzz cup, 2 new Elmo books (Eli is big fans of Elmo and Buzz!), some new Under Armour dry-fit, and some Eli sized metal forks.

I also cooked our Easter meal this year and we celebrated just our little family of three.  I had planned on serving lunch on our wedding china, but then I didn't even think about it until my mom asked about it later.  Oh well, maybe another time!  : )

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.
1 Peter 1:18-19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...