Today my husband, Wesley, turned 26! I've reminded him that that means he's now more than halfway to 50; he then reminds me that I'm closer to 50 than he is. : )
We had a very low-key day today since we just got back from vacation and are preparing to leave again in a few days. Eli and I skipped play group this morning and spent some quality time with dad. We ate bbq for lunch and pizza for dinner, and had a nice little shopping spree in Dick's.
My husband is one of the most awesome people I know....as Wesley would say, "good thing!" - since I'm married to him and all. : )
*He is one the most self-less person I know. He always puts my needs and desires above his own. And he's happy to do. I don't mean that in a selfish, bratty way either. He's love in action and is very much a picture of the love Christ has for his bride.
*Wesley is such a good daddy! He loves spending time with Eli, and isn't afraid to do the gross stuff either. He never complains about changing diapers or anything else that Eli needs. I love to watch Wesley and Eli play together. Wesley can make Eli laugh and do things like no one else can.
*Wesley is always dedicated to the tasks he takes on. He's a great teacher and coach. He genuinely cares for his students and players. In fact, he recently turned down the Varsity Boys soccer coach (and head of the program) to stay with the Varsity Girls. He's made a lot of progress with them, and they have some great talent coming up. He really believes in these girls! I think the choice was absolutely the right one and I'm proud of him for doing the right thing there (and of course, proud of what his team has accomplished!).
I love you my Wesley, and I hope 26 is wonderful for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment