One of the things I love about Spring Break is all the free time! During the school year, I just don't have time to read. Not regularly anyway. Once I get caught up in a good book, I can't put it down! So, I tend to wait until breaks: spring break, Christmas, summer, etc.
My mom let me borrow this book, The Last Song. I started it one afternoon and finished it the next morning. I honestly could not put it down. All of Nicholas Sparks' books are great, but this one very well maybe my favorite. I liked it even better than A Walk to Remember, The Notebook, and The Wedding (which were my previous favorites). The book was not at all what I expected. And, I ended up crying the last hundred pages or so: both sad and happy tears. It's an easy read and doesn't require too much thinking, but I highly recommend this book! Now I am dying to see the movie.

Because I finished this book so quickly, and I still had six days left of SB, I had Wesley take me to Books A Million. I had a very hard time picking out a book to read. I wasn't really in the mood for anything. I finally settled on this, Esther, by Charles Swindoll (totally different than the previous book I read). I'm only about two chapters into it, but so far it's great. I love how Swindoll tells the story of Esther, mixing Biblical truth with his (and others) own research. He gives sooo much background on Esther and all that transpires before she even enters the scene: things I never realized before. This one isn't quite as quick of a read as the first book. There's just so much to digest. But I'll let you know how it goes!

We're having a great time here in the Smoky Mountains! We've been so busy, and I have a ton of pictures to upload. I want to recount everything while it's all still fresh, but first - DINNER! Be back later.
I just got Dear John today. Have you read that one?
ReplyDeleteI haven't! You'll have to let me know how it is.
ReplyDeleteI really want to read The Last Song, and now I'm adding that Esther book to my list! I love those Swindoll books, and Esther is a book I've been meaning to study for awhile now, because of the people we are going to work with!
ReplyDelete