Not appropriate for this post, but I don't know how to respond to comments! I couldn't stop if I tried! I know you have a lot on your plate. We WILL talk soon! :) Love you!
Okay, first I have to say this: I was reading your "About Me" because I was trying to figure out your first name [I just like to start comments with "Hey Samantha..." or whatever. It just feels more personal. Weird, I know.] Anyway, I saw that your kitty (that looks A LOT like ours) is named "The General" just. like. ours. WOW. Our kitty is gray and he's named for General Robert E. Lee, because I love the South! And we do call him THE General. Ha!
Okay, so your question. When Ann Peyton was little bitty we read her lots of classics like "Goodnight Moon" and "The Runaway Bunny" and other things I loved growing up. It was actually really fun because she'd sit still a lot longer than she does now and we could read books that had more words on the page, so sometimes we'd read her books that we had for her for when she got older. Nursery Rhyme books are fun, too; I think they like the rhythm even when they're really little. In my experience, Ann Peyton started liking "fun" books (lift the flap, touch and feel, ect.) a lot earlier than I expected (before a year)!
We also have a little Bible called "The Baby Bible Storybook (for girls)". There's one for boys, too, and I think the only difference is that it's blue. I definitely recommend it. It's really made for a toddler and it has lots of interactive things (like counting the stars in the story of Abraham and Sarah, ect), but we started reading it early because the stories are short, but accurate. She's just now started to do some of the things it says! We have always read it and "Wynken, Blynken, and Nod" (another childhood favorite) to her at bedtime.
I think it's great y'all are starting out early, too! I don't know how much of it is just her personality and how much we've encouraged, but Annie LOVES to "read" and be read to. I hope that never changes!
I married my best friend in 2009, and have two boys.
I love my Jesus, spending time with my family and friends, teaching third grade, reading, reality TV, law and medical drama TV shows, AUBURN football (really anything AUBURN), Sweet Tea, cooking, and attempting to be crafty!
Oh my goodness, what a precious trio! All you need is the hubby and you would have a Christmas card photo!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Not appropriate for this post, but I don't know how to respond to comments!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't stop if I tried! I know you have a lot on your plate. We WILL talk soon! :)
Love you!
Okay, first I have to say this: I was reading your "About Me" because I was trying to figure out your first name [I just like to start comments with "Hey Samantha..." or whatever. It just feels more personal. Weird, I know.] Anyway, I saw that your kitty (that looks A LOT like ours) is named "The General" just. like. ours. WOW. Our kitty is gray and he's named for General Robert E. Lee, because I love the South! And we do call him THE General. Ha!
ReplyDeleteOkay, so your question. When Ann Peyton was little bitty we read her lots of classics like "Goodnight Moon" and "The Runaway Bunny" and other things I loved growing up. It was actually really fun because she'd sit still a lot longer than she does now and we could read books that had more words on the page, so sometimes we'd read her books that we had for her for when she got older. Nursery Rhyme books are fun, too; I think they like the rhythm even when they're really little. In my experience, Ann Peyton started liking "fun" books (lift the flap, touch and feel, ect.) a lot earlier than I expected (before a year)!
We also have a little Bible called "The Baby Bible Storybook (for girls)". There's one for boys, too, and I think the only difference is that it's blue. I definitely recommend it. It's really made for a toddler and it has lots of interactive things (like counting the stars in the story of Abraham and Sarah, ect), but we started reading it early because the stories are short, but accurate. She's just now started to do some of the things it says! We have always read it and "Wynken, Blynken, and Nod" (another childhood favorite) to her at bedtime.
I think it's great y'all are starting out early, too! I don't know how much of it is just her personality and how much we've encouraged, but Annie LOVES to "read" and be read to. I hope that never changes!