Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Doc in the Box

We had our first pediatric "doc in the box" experience Monday afternoon. After I was so concerned about Eli not eating and squalling whenever he was laid back, Wesley and I decided Eli needed a trip to the doctor. We were worried he may have an ear infection or that it could have been something caused by our flight across the country and the pressure in Eli's ears.

Our regular doctor couldn't get us in until the next afternoon, so we went to a "doc in the box" for kids over in Columbus. It was recommended by a coworker and we were very impressed. It was clean, quick, and everyone was very nice! We didn't know it, but a friend from our BFG (Bible Fellowship Group) works there too, so it was nice to see a familiar face.

Of course the little turkey who'd been screaming all day and refusing to eat was bouncing around, cooing, and smiling when the doctor walked in! Isn't that how it usually goes? I felt ridiculous for being there and claiming my child was sick.

But, the doctor checked out Eli's ears and everything was perfectly fine! I'm glad at least for peace of mind, that we went ahead and took Eli.
Eli seems to be a little better. He finally ate all that I sent to daycare today (3 bottles, 5-6 oz per bottle, and a bowl of rice cereal), however his teachers are still saying that he's screaming while taking the bottle. The poor little guy is SOOO HOARSE! It's kind of funny to hear him with a hoarse voice, but at the same time it breaks my heart! I think he knows his voice sounds different because he kept talking tonight. We think he just wanted to hear himself!

I can't wait for the weekend. We all three need a long weekend at home. Starting our days at 3:30 isn't cutting it!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...