Wednesday, April 6, 2011

So I've had a few pity party moments here lately. I try not to be a negative ninny, but sometimes it just comes out.

First off, I've had three very close friends, all teachers, who have quit their jobs to be stay at home moms. I wish it were me.

A friend from work's sister had a sweet little baby boy. My friend goes to her sister's house nearly every afternoon to hold her nephew. My sister has only seen her nephew twice in the seven months since he's born. I really miss my sister (and brother).

I was talking to another friend and she had to go because she was about to go run by her parents' house. I wish I could just go run by my parents' house anytime I felt like it.

But, I'm trying to be positive. I'm thankful to not only have a job, but a job that I love. I'm thankful for my sweet, healthy baby boy. I'm thankful for the smile on his face every afternoon when I walk in the room to pick him up.

I'm thankful that we're only two days away from Spring Break, and then just five weeks away from summer vacation. I'm thankful that my husband and I work together (we can ride to work together!) and have schedules that allow our entire family to be together all summer. We can take vacations galore (and are), and after May 20, don't have anywhere we have to be for at least TEN weeks!

I'm also thankful for phone calls, texting, and Skype. I'm just really missing my family.

3 comments:

  1. The saying "the grass is always greener on the other side" is so true. Remember how many stay-at-home moms may actually wish they had continued to work! You are a blessed woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it must be so difficult not having family close by. I try to thank the Lord for that EVERY day! I know you said this yourself, but I will say I think you have a great career for having children. That is honestly one of the reasons (not the only reason, of course) that I chose education myself. I knew I wanted to stay home, but I also knew when our children were older I wanted a schedule that would compliment their school schedule. I think it's particularly awesome that you and Wesley get to work at the same place and ride together. Peyton and I always have THE best talks in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just cried all the way through this post. I really miss y'all too.I really wish I could be there to see my nephew (and you too) every day or at least once a week or even month.We can't wait for your visit this summer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...