Little man, how can you be 9 months old?! Didn't I JUST finish up your 8 month post? You are such a sweet and fun boy. We love every minute with you and cannot even imagine what we would be doing without you! Dr. Y said you would change a lot and gosh she was right. I don't know when it happened, but you are ACTIVE and all over the place (see the out takes below)! Eli, Daddy and I are crazy about you. You make us proud to be parents!
Firsts: Mother's Day, watching the NFL draft, graduation ceremony, visit to Mobile, trip out on the boat/wearing a life jacket, summer vacation
News headlines: Wow, this has been a crazy month in the news! William and Kate married in the royal wedding, Cam Newton (whom you high fived!) gets drafted number one in the NFL draft-WAR EAGLE!, US forces killed Osama Bin Laden (9/11 mastermind) in Pakistan, tornado and deadly storms killed hundreds in Tuscaloosa and around Alabama, a different tornado strikes and devastates Joplin, Missouri, NASA space shuttle Endeavor launches, Oprah Winfrey says goodbye after 25 years hosting her show, mBone (Teach Me How to Dougie singer) was killed in a drive-by, and former wrestler Macho Man Randy Savage was killed in a car accident.
Milestones: you are crawling very quickly now, pulling up on things, crawling/climbing over things, standing for short periods of time, you have eight teeth, you are feeding yourself and eating a lot of table food, you clap your hands together (especially if others are cheering or if we say "yay!"), you know where all of your favorite things are in each room, you can shake your head no, and your first summer vacation has begun!
Measurements: Size 3 diapers, mostly 9 mth clothing but still some 6-9 mth clothing, about 21 lbs
Like Mommy: eyes, likes to go to bed early
Like Daddy: daily outside time is a must, you're always in a good mood like Dad, similar haircut (we're cutting it about every other week...just like Dad!)
Favorite Toys: your Woody from Toy Story stuffed animal, any spoons or straws, the hammer you got for Easter
Sounds: /b/ and /m/, you say 'mmmm' when you eat and you like it, you can say 'mom-ma' (it melts my heart every time!) and 'bye bye', you're pretty close to the /p/ sound also.
Challenges: biting, keeping your balance while you're standing, learning more consonant sounds
Our Days: Since summer has started, we're on less of a schedule. But, you're up 7ish each morning, eat about 5-6x throughout the day, eating more and more table food, and we try to have you in bed around 9ish. You are sleeping SO much better now that we've gotten that ear infection taken care of. You take about three good naps a day.
Funny/Favorite Moments:
Mommy's Favorite: So many things, I don't think I can pick one! I love getting 'kisses' from you. You just open your mouth wide and stick it on my face and drool/lick all over me...it's the best! I also love anytime you laugh. I love to watch you crawl fast. And of course I LOVE being home with you this summer!
Daddy's Favorite: Learning to shake your head. It cracks Daddy up every time you do it. Daddy also likes playing 'chase' with you. If Mommy or Daddy go around the corner you will crawl as quick as you can to come get us!
Nicknames: Squirmy, Squirms, Squirmy Wormy, Squirmy Wormy Doodle All Day, Squirmy Bug, Doodle Bug, Little Man, Buddy, and when you've just woken up we call you Drunk Monkey! : )
Upcoming Events: Trip to TX, Mommy's birthday, Father's Day, trip to Disney World!





I miss him already. Come visit, please.
ReplyDelete