Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Thirteen on Tuesday

Thirteen random things going on this Tuesday.

1. Little man slept NINE hours last night, got up at 5 am, ate, and went back to sleep for two more hours. Too bad I could not sleep hardly at all last night. My ears hurt, my throat hurts, my head hurts.

2. I made fruit salad today. It looks dang good.

3. I have two ferns on either side of my front door. One is huge and lush. It looks gorgeous. The other has only about six sprigs coming out of it. I have no idea why it's doing that, but it looks ridiculous. I need to replace it. I'm sure my neighbors would appreciate something more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

4. What the heck is up with all of these tornadoes? We're in front of the TV watching the weather channel right now making sure my sister and Clark are ok. Dallas/Arlington are getting slammed right now. And, poor Jopelin. They can't catch a break.

5. I played Bunco tonight. I lost.

6. Because I played Bunco tonight, I missed the live Biggest Loser finale. I'll watch the replay online tomorrow. That's my show. I watch faithfully every Tuesday.

7. Eli has learned some new tricks here lately. He can climb over several things and he's learned to shake his head no. I know he's mine, but he's so freaking cute! I am loving being at home with him right now. In June we start a weekly playgroup and are looking forward to that.





8. I get to see my sister in three days. I'm so excited! I haven't seen her since Christmas. That is too long! I can't wait to spend a whole week with her (and Clark). We're traveling west with my brother. I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time with him too!

9. I have been sewing the past two days. It was really only an hour-ish project, but when you have an active 9 month old (oh my gosh, where is time going?!) things take a bit longer! I sewed beanbags using this pattern. We're making our own corn hole game, which will be making its debut at Eli's first birthday party (tailgate themed...because what else are you supposed to do for a 1 year old and we're only inviting family). When we get back from TX I'm starting on curtains. I also plan on making cornice boards for a few windows this summer.

10. I received a few iTunes giftcards for end of the year gifts from students to download more apps for my classroom iPad. I bought a game called Stack the States and Wesley and I both have been addicted. Every time we travel long distances we play a game in the car and see who can name all 50 states, and then who can name all the capitals to the states. We're dorks I guess, but it takes up a good bit of time in the car.

11. My MIL sent me a happy day surprise in the mail. It's a really cute small utility tote from Thirty One (love their stuff). It's so cute and has my monogram on it. I don't have a picture of it, but I love it.

12. I seriously need to clean out/organize my closet. Things are out of control in there. I also need to clean up my bathroom, scrub sinks, toilets, tub, etc. I hate doing that though.

13. I was watching the Today Show this morning and Hoda and Kathie Lee were talking about Harold Camp (I think that's his name-the man behind this whole 'world was ending on May 21' business). Apparently he said May 21 was a mathematical error and the actual date that the world is ending is October 21, 2011. Kathie Lee then quoted Matthew and said that not even Jesus knows the date or the time. She went on to talk about how the Bible mentions false prophets. Go Kathie Lee. I must admit I was a little shocked to hear that from her mouth.

Ok, that's it. Sweet dreams everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you aren't feeling good! We play "dorky" car games too, so you are in good company!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...