Monday, August 9, 2010

First Day Back & Lemon Squares

Today was our first day back at school (with kids - which is what really counts). The first days of school are so exhausting without being 9+ months pregnant, but overall I was pleased with how I did today. (Don't get me wrong though, I am WHOOPED and headed to bed as soon as this is typed!) I think it will be a good year. Right now I have a small class - literally, like half the size of last year's class. I kept looking for more kids; things seemed too good to be true! : )

I have such a wonderful, sweet husband who takes such good care of Eli and I. He cooked dinner tonight (brats on the grill) and cleaned up the kitchen afterwards, all the while letting me to just sit on the couch for a few minutes! While he was doing all of this I got to thinking about how my mom always bought us a special "after school snack" on the first day of school (my favorites were the years we got sno cones). So, after dinner I decided to get off my lazy tail and make Wesley a special after school (or dinner in this case) snack.

He loves lemon squares, and this is one recipe I've been meaning to make for awhile. So, without further adieu: easy lemon squares!


Easy Lemon Squares
*Preheat oven to 350 & grease a 9x13 baking dish.

Bottom layer:
1 box of lemon cake mix
1 stick of butter, melted
1 egg
*Mix well and pour in bottom of dish.

Top layer:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
16 oz. tub of lemon frosting
2 eggs
*Blend well and pour on top of cake layer.

***Bake for 35-40 minutes.
(The recipe didn't call for this, but I lightly dusted the top with confectioner's sugar.)

OMG-sooooo delish! And, they certainly lived up to their name: easy! It was the perfect "First Day of School" treat!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, that sounds so good! And yay for a small class, that was always my prayer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...