Today is our LAST day of summer. : (
(But at least if I have to go back to work, it's to a job I love!)
I had planned on waking up early (so tomorrow would be a little easier), but who was I kidding, I slept in. I think I pushed my limit yesterday. After our usual Sunday lunch with Wesley's grandmother, we did some mega grocery shopping. I told Wesley I really felt like a parent on this one. Between being gone most of July, going back to school, and wanting to stock up on some things that would freeze for when Eli gets here, we had a full buggy! I told Wesley we were not spending anymore money on food this month.
After that we headed to Home Depot to get a few things to re-do the bricks around the fireplace and the mantle. It hasn't been a difficult project, just a lot more time consuming than we anticipated. Hopefully it will be done tonight and I can post some pictures of the room completed.
While Wesley worked on the living room, I chopped and froze some vegetables (something I usually do, but we were out of) for easy use later and prepared/froze a couple of casseroles (Husband's Delight casserole and Poppyseed Chicken casserole). I figure it will make things easy for us when we come home from teaching or after Eli's born. I also made a back-to-school breakfast casserole for us to eat on all week, made an apple pie ring (omg...sooooo good), and prepared the fajita meat/veggie mixture for dinner tonight. By the time I finished all of that, I was exhausted! I slept well last night (well for me these days anyway) and have laid on our new couches watching our new television all morning. : )
This afternoon I've got to spend some time in my classroom doing a few last minute things and then we plan to have a lazy afternoon around the house soaking up our last hours of summer. It's been a GREAT (and hot!) summer, and so nice that Wesley and I have been able to enjoy it together, but it's back to the real world bright and early tomorrow morning!
Have a great first day back!
ReplyDeleteI hope your first day is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteWow, I hope you like cooking! I do it, but I'm not a huge fan and this sounds like a MAMMOTH undertaking!
ReplyDeleteWow, you've been working hard! You've motivated me to do some cooking ahead. Your meals sound yummy!
ReplyDeleteThe hardest part of ending summer for me is the waking up early...so I get that. ;)
I'm exhausted reading all of that and I'm not even pregnant...I don't know how you do it!!
ReplyDelete