Saturday, July 31, 2010

Early Weekend Recap

I can't believe it, but summer is over (in two days). School starts on Tuesday for the teachers and the kids come back on the following Monday. Tonight at church we had a missions commissioning service for all teachers and educators. It's been my prayer, and the topic of the sermon tonight, that my students would not see me, but Christ in me.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live , but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galations 2:20



In other news, we're done painting our living room (or should I say, Wesley is done painting our living room). Now we're debating painting our mantle and brick fireplace. It was already painting when we bought the house, but we're a little nervous to paint the brick. We're unsure of how it would turn out and don't want to end up making it look worse (not that it looks bad, but you know...). Has anyone ever painted brick before?

And finally, I gave Wesley his "Eli present" a bit early. I figured once Eli does come, I'll be a little busy. Wesley has done such a good job taking care of me and Eli already, I want him to do something to take care of himself, so I signed him up for a membership to the Y. We went and toured it Saturday morning and it is really state of the art. They have everything there that I know Wesley will want to do: swimming, racket ball, a nice indoor track, state of the art weights, a cardio room, and more! I just wish I was able to go with him right now!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet wife! The Y here is really great too- I know Wesley will love it!
    Have a super week back! 733!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...