Thursday, July 15, 2010

Anniversary Trip - Day 5

All pictures are brought to you today by my lovely new camera. The more I figure it out, the more I love it. Thanks, my Wesley! : )

Our first stop this morning was the Department of Treasury, Bureau of Engraving and Printing. In order to enter, you had to have a scheduled tour, which was free, but you had to have tickets. We had heard tickets for the day go very quickly, so you have to get there early. I had planned to go with Wesley and stand in line to get them, but when 6:30 a.m. on vacation came, I stayed in bed! He went and got the tickets and then came back to get me for our 9:45 tour.

Like so many of the things we've seen this week, no photography was permitted. But, we saw actual money being printed and cut! It was really incredible. We learned between this facility and the one in Ft. Worth, TX, over $1 billion per day are printed. Is it just me, or does that seem odd with the national debt?

This was in the gift shop. It's shredded money on the left. Wesley (around 5'9'') is worth about $1.6 million. I was worth just over $1.4 million.

After this we headed back to the room for lunch and to rest for a bit. Today was really the first HOT day this week, and it seems the weather was making up for all over those breezy, cloudy days. I don't know if it was the heat, or just the week catching up with me, but man, I was worn out just from that one excursion!

After lunch we headed to the United States Marine Memorial, or better known as the Iwo Jima Memorial. I think this one was one of my favorite memorials.

And, finally we headed to the Jefferson Memorial.

T.J. himself.

These last two pictures are panoramic ones, a feature on my new camera! A circular room was not the best place to test this (you had to keep the camera angle perfect), but we found it really cool!


Checking out the Potomac!

We've got one more full day of sight-seeing before we head home. We've had such a good week, but I'll be glad to be home too! I miss my Lishak!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...