Thursday, July 29, 2010

Nesting or Just Plain Crazy?

Maybe a little bit of both! : )

We've lived in this house almost eight months now. Eli will be here in four weeks-ish, Wesley and I go back to school on Tuesday, and when do we decide to tackle all of our projects? The week before of returning to work of course! : )

In the past week we have gotten new furniture for our living room, we're getting a new TV for that room this weekend, rearranged that room, taken the furniture that was in that room and put it in the office/Auburn room, rearranged the office/Auburn room, got new "wall art" for both rooms, and done some SERIOUS organizing and cleaning out of things! Last night we even contemplated painting the living room this weekend (Wesley's idea, not mine!). I think this all borders on crazy...not nesting!

On top of all of that, there are currently two work crews in my house right now and a different one was here until after seven last night. Last night we had some electricians over fixing a ground-wire connection and the outlets in the upstairs bathrooms. So, guests, you may now use the outlets in the restrooms! We figured we really needed to get that done since grandparents, aunts and uncles, friends, etc., would be over in the next few weeks visiting Eli.

About six weeks ago (when we last had a good rain shower) we called about getting our roof fixed because we had a small leak coming in on the part of the house that had been added on. Nothing major, just one of those things that needed to be done before it became something major. Well, six weeks later they made it out here to fix the roof. Normally this would be a problem, but we haven't had rain in so long it hasn't mattered!

And, finally, with all of the rearranging we've done, we decided to put cable in the Auburn room/office. That way we can watch Auburn football in the Auburn room this year! We know we won't be heading to Jordan Hare very much at all for awhile, at least not like we used to. This room has also now become entertainment central for Wesley (movies, Wii, etc.). So, the cable guy came out today and he is not the sharpest of cable guys. Let's just say in the hour and a half since he's been here (to install ONE outlet), he's implied that my pregnant self help him move the t.v. stand (to which I stared at him like he was crazy), then when he moved it himself he literally came within centimeters of breaking my TV, and he did manage to break our entertainment stand. At that point, I took back the check I had just given him and got Wesley who was upstairs. Let's just say the stars were aligned and the guy managed to fix the TV stand because I was seconds away from calling his boss and demanding money to replace what he had broken. I spent the rest of his time here eyeing his every move. The guy looked so nervous.

He's finally gone (and my house is in one piece and we have cable in the Auburn room now) and Lishak and I are both relieved! Poor kitty was TERRIFIED with all the noise and commotion! I had to go put her up!

Now, the only person left to come out is the guy to connect the water line to our refrigerator's ice maker. We haven't been able to use our ice maker since we've moved in. We always buy a bag of ice from Sonic. Did you know you could do that? It's less than $2 for the bag and I LOVE Sonic ice! I really can't complain about the no ice maker thing because I love Sonic ice that much, but we figured since we were getting everything else taken care of around here, that we'd do that too!

We've got a few things left to hang up on the walls and then I'll post some pictures now that we've done so much! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...