Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thirty-six Weeks

36 weeks - holy cow, that's 9 months!

I'm now seeing my doctor every week. Yesterday was our day to go for the week. I gained no weight from last week to this week (which is the HIGHLIGHT of my week!), so I'm still holding steady at 30 lbs gained. My blood pressure was 110/60. My stomach measured 36 cm and I'm 36 weeks along, so I am no longer "ahead," but right on track. Eli's heart rate was in the 130s.

My Group B Strep test from last week came back positive, so they are starting me on an antibiotic immediately. I have to take it 3x/day for the next week, and then they'll start me back on it once I go into labor to protect Eli from getting it. I'm now taking TEN pills a day for various pregnancy things - holy cow, I feel like some kind of elderly lady (Wesley jokes that he's going to get me a Sun-Sat. pill box), but whatever it takes for Eli to get here safely! My doctor was very positive that it could be controlled with the antibiotics and there would be no issues with it. Still, prayers for Eli would be appreciated! : )

From here on out, Eli is packing on about half a pound a week (helping in body temperature regulation and building his immunity) - and I can tell! My maternity shirts that were huge and long now barely cover my belly. I hate to buy more clothes that I'll only wear over the next four weeks or so, but I have to have something to wear to work! I'm sure a pregnant midriff would gross everyone out! : ) Although, my mom got me a new top and a sweet friend from work, who had a baby about this time last year, is letting me borrow a few things. Hopefully that will get me through!

Eli is about 19 inches long and may weigh up to six pounds. Eli is still moving around a lot. I don't think he likes it when I lay on my side because he starts kicking (or hitting or something) like crazy and it's not the most comfortable thing either!


The most popular question these days seems to be, "Has he dropped yet?" I find this question aggravating. I don't know, and I think it's bordering on a little TMI. I'm fairly modest and really don't care to discuss things about my body with everyone I come in contact with.

The other thing I hear lately is, "You haven't had that baby yet?" Ummmm, what does it look like to you?

Just another month or so. We're basically ready (pictures of Eli's room coming this weekend, just a few more things to hang on the wall!). I still am trying to get a few things ready for my maternity sub. I'm still nervous about leaving my class for six weeks. What it comes down to is I like to be in control and there's no telling what I'll come back to! My principal still hasn't hired anyone to take my spot. I sure hope he gets on it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...