These last few days have been sooo LONG, HOT, and EXHAUSTING! Eli is obviously in no hurry to come out and play. I wonder if this is a sign of future personality and temperament?
I really wish Eli would have been here by now! I'm going to have to stay late at school today or tomorrow to get some stuff together for next week. I have nothing because I was really banking on the fact that it would be my maternity sub doing all of that! HAHA! I suppose that's what I get for trying to put it off on someone else.
I don't go back to the doctor until Monday, I really wish I was going this week sometime, I'm really not sure why I'm not. I guess because I went last Thursday and Friday, and he's waiting until just before my due date. I think we're talking induction at this appointment. At least I have something to look forward to!
Well, at 39 weeks the lanugo (soft, downy hair) that once covered Eli's body has nearly completely disappeared. His skin is changing from a red-pink color to a more white tone (although the website I'm looking at said it may even be a blue-pink color). Eli is around 20 inches long, and we know he's 7+ pounds by this point (according to the website, he's currently the size of a rabbit!). I don't know if it's because he's heavier, adjusting his position, or if he's "dropping" (I can't tell and find it highly annoying when people stare at me trying to decide), but I feel him sitting a lot lower than the past few months. You should see me trying to sit at those elementary school lunch tables with my class. Actually, I'm glad you can't see me! : )
I'm holding steady at 32 lbs gained. I've been sleeping great (other than getting up at least 3x to go to the potty). I think it's because I'm so utterly exhausted from teaching. I'm in bed by 9 every night. My BP is still nice and low, and the swelling has been minimal: just my feet, and I think it's just from standing all day. I've been walking circles around my classroom trying to induce labor!
I'm hoping I won't have to do a 40 weeks post. I may cry if I do.
Can't wait to see y'all!
ReplyDelete